Don’t Forget! Share Your Costume With #BritHalloween to Win $250
Happy Friday, folks! This end of the work week is unlike any other because we’re kicking off *major* Halloween celebrations. If you’re like us, you’ve been putting on the final touches to your DIY costume all week. (If not, check out last minute costumes here!) Now it’s time to make a full transformation from badass accountant to Cher from Clueless, or from marketing manager to Drake from Hotline Bling (brilliant, I know). Better yet, take that AH-MAZING Halloween costume and make a quick $250 bucks. What?! Here’s how…
All of us here at Brit HQ will pick the top three winners. The grand prize winner will receive $250 buckaroos, and our two runners-up will each receive a set of Brit Kits!
Yeah, it’s totally witchin’. Check back on Monday to hear all about our fab winners! In the meantime, here’s some last-minute costume inspo for you procrasinators out there.
1. French Girl: Halloween is the perfect time to dress up as someone or something you’ve always wanted to be. For example, a French girl! Pair your striped top with a black skater skirt, suspenders, red heels and a red beret.
2. The Mystery Dress: The dress debate definitely caused a stir. Grab your bestie and keep the confusion alive all night long.
3. Takeout Night: A t-shirt that doubles as a costume? This is every procrastinator’s dream!
4. Windblown Look: Don’t fly away, this Halloween! Stick wire down the inside of your tie to give it a rippled shape, pin up the bottom corner of the shirt and add on some wind-blown newspaper ads. Most importantly, you’ll want a broken, inside-out umbrella to complete this costume.
5. A Halloween Hangover: Beat your actual hangover with this t-shirt/costume. Sunglasses and a large bottle of Gatorade are also musts.
What are you waiting for! Use the hashtag #brithalloween and show us what you got! Happy haunting!
What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn? Holla back and let us know! Happy haunting!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)