We love Jello here at Brit + Co because it’s so versatile, and you know… fun to make into cool shapes and stuff. In the spirit of Halloween, we’ve found some jiggly recipes that are as creepy as they are colorful, from the flat-out gross — Jello worms!!! — to the good stuff (read: Jello shots). Here are 17 spooky Jello treats that are fun for all ages.
1. Infested Jello Shooters: Creepy crawlers are slithering their way out of these shooters and making for a spooky dose of “Boo!” Plus that dry ice definitely amps up the wow factor. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
2. Candy Corn Jello Shots: If you’re going for a Halloween jello shot that’s a bit more colorful and classic rather than funky and creepy, we think these are just the ticket. No one can deny the instant “yum” that comes to mind at the sight of those yellow, orange and white stripes. (via Brit + Co.)
3. Glowing Candy Corn Vodka Frogs: This creepy dessert was inspired by a lesser known ’70s horror flick, Frogs, in which frogs eat humans. With that in mind, these don’t seem so creepy, eh? With or without the candy corn vodka, these are a great party pleaser. (via Boulder Locavore)
5. Creepy Peepers Halloween Jello: Any kid would be simultaneously delighted and grossed out to dig into a glass full of eyeballs submerged in green goo… or, um, Jello. Trust us, they’ll love it. (via Katrina’s Kitchen)
6. Jello Monsters: To make these adorable little monsters, just raid the Halloween candy aisle for any and all things creepy, especially in gummy form. Let the kids use with Jello rounds as their canvases. (via Will Cook for Smiles)
7. Blood and Bones Cocktail: Here we have skeleton jello shots inside of a cocktail, which basically means we rule at Jello cocktails. As far as party drinks go, these definitely pack a serious creep factor. (via Brit + Co.)
8. Jello Brain: Of course we had to find a jiggly green brain. This one could do with some more candy effects, like gummy worms coming out of it. Or maybe eyeballs on the front? Who knows. Let your imagination run wild. (via Mommy Savers)
9. Jello Worms: This Jello creation definitely wins for most terrifyingly realistic. Sure, eyeballs and bones are creepy, but these look so… so… slimy. You’ll never guess what’s use to make these. Bendy straws! And the coloring is a combination of purple jello with green food coloring. Ew. (via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)
11. Witch’s Brew Jello Shots: This shot involves a few things that we really love: RumChata, tapioca pearls, and of course, Jello. And the mini cauldrons are just a brilliant touch. (via 1 Fine Cookie)
12. Candy Corn Jello Shots: These candy corn Jello shots look like the classic Halloween candy, but the taste is the is that of a Dreamsicle. It’s coconut gelatin with orange jello inside of an orange peel. (via That’s So Michelle)
14. Eyeball Jello Shots: What’s more creepy than tossing back a shot with an eyeball staring right at you? Maybe a shot with two eyeballs? Plop body parts into jello shots for an extra layer of jiggly mystery. (via Life Realized)
15. Sinister Jello Snacks: These shallow plastic dishes make for great props/treats for a scientific Halloween shindig. They’d go great alongside our Blood and Bones Cocktails to keep with the evil genius theme. (via Oubly)
16. Mummy Jello Jigglers: Just when you thought you’d seen all that could be created with Jello, someone makes these super clever mummies. The bandages are made from icing strips — how clever is that? You’ve got to get crafty to win Best Halloween Dessert. JK. These all totally win. (via Ginger Snap Crafts)
17. Halloween Jello Cups: Maybe you’re not going all-out creepy, and instead you just want to celebrate fall. We have Jello for that too. Topped with a swirl of whip and a pumpkin candy corn, it’s sure to get you in the spirit of the season. (via Simply This and That)
What’s your favorite way to serve Jello on Halloween? Do you go all-out creepy or keep it cute? What’s the weirdest Jello treat you’ve eaten? Let us know in the comments below!