15 Highly Rated Mattresses That Will Give You the Best Night of Sleep
If you’re tossing and turning all night, can’t get to sleep, or waking up with inexplicable pains, it might be time for a new mattress. Luckily, in this modern age, you don’t have to drag yourself to home store after home store, rolling around on display beds, to find one anymore. Now, you can simply click onto Amazon to find lots of great mattresses, and plenty of people have given helpful reviews to help you choose the right one you’re looking for. Plus, you can get even better deals and great shipping if you’re a Prime member. Check out some of the most popular mattresses Amazon customers are buying right now.
1. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress ($229, for a Queen): Don’t be fooled by this mattress’s bargain- basement price — its 4.5-star rating (with over 13,000 reviews) should speak for itself. This highly customized “bed in a box” design (meaning it comes rolled up and expands when you unpack it, just like a Casper mattress), comes in six-inch, eight-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch thicknesses. The contouring Green Tea memory foam layer allows it to hug your body as you sleep, and the underlying layers allow for airflow and support so you don’t sink in.
2. Tuft and Needle Mattress with T&N Adaptive Foam ($575, for a Queen): With over 10,000 reviews, the Tuft and Needle mattress is clearly a popular pick on Amazon. The company only makes one mattress model, so you know they’ve perfected it. The mattress has three inches of adaptive foam to relieve pressure and seven inches of supporting foam to keep your spine aligned. It’s also gel- and graphite-infused to keep you cool when you sleep, and it comes with a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty. One review called it “nothing short of amazing.”
3. Classic Brands Cool Gel Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress ($296, for a Queen): There are three layers of comfort in this mattress: a top gel memory foam to keep you cool, soft comfort foam for breathability, and then high-density foam for a supportive base. Combined with over 1,000 reviews, a four-way stretch cover, and a 25-year warranty, this mattress will help you catch some deep zzz’s.
4. Sweetnight 10-Inch Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress ($438, for a Queen): For many people out there, it doesn’t get better than gel. This cooler sibling of normal memory foam allows more airflow and a cooler, better night’s sleep with plenty of support. Plus, this mattress is firmer in the middle, so there’s no sinking into your worst pressure points. And for those who toss and turn in the night, it won’t transfer motion and wake up your partner. It comes CertiPUR-US certified for durability, performance, and content with a 10-year limited warranty.
5. LUCID 12 Inch Queen Hybrid Mattress ($400, for a Queen): This unique mattress is infused with bamboo charcoal to control odor and aloe vera to promote freshness and boost your sleeping environment. It’s also made with a combination of memory foam, transition foam, and coils for soft comfort as well as support for a good night’s sleep. The bed’s materials keep it temperature-neutral as well, so you won’t feel too hot or too cold during the night. One Amazon customer bought this mattress to improve their neck problems and said, “Having been using it for a week now, I can say that I am getting better results with this hybrid mattress than a straight gel foam mattress or the coil mattress.”
6. Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress ($180, for a Queen): If you are curious about memory foam but are not quite ready to give up your traditional springs, this Linenspa hybrid mattress is the best of both worlds. Enjoy the conforming quality of a soft memory foam top and get the firmness you love with the innerspring base. It’s also hard to argue with the over 4,700 reviews and affordable price.
7. Perfect Cloud UltraPlush Gel-Max Memory 10-Inch Foam Mattress ($450, for a Queen): This luxurious 10-inch mattress is made with a 1.5-inch layer of air-infused gel memory foam for people who have found spring mattresses to be too uncomfortable and regular foam mattresses to be too hot. Plus, another 6.5 inches of thick, high-density support foam will make you feel weightless as you sleep. It’s also certified for 10 years.
8. Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress ($1,099, for a Queen): People who prefer a medium-firm mattress should definitely look into this eco-friendly and allergy-friendly option that’s made from 100 percent natural latex and a quilted cover of 100 percent cotton. Amazon customers have commented on its “cushy” texture, and it’s a great mattress for back sleepers.
9. Best Price Mattress 8-Inch Air Flow Memory Foam Mattress ($209, for a Queen): Not all the best mattresses have to be thick to be comfortable. This simply made and affordable mattress is made with two inches of body-conforming memory foam, two inches of air-flow comfort foam, and four inches of high-density support foam. One customer said it was “the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned!”
10. Perfect Cloud Lavender Bliss 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress ($530, for a Queen): Take the sleep-inducing power of a soothing lavender room spray and infuse it into a comfy bed. This lavender oil-infused foam mattress claims it will help you fall asleep faster. Plus, it has all the comfortable layers you need, including a layer of cooling gel-infused foam for airflow. You lay on it, get comfortable, and you don’t want to move… also, the lavender is a pleasant smell and “makes the sleeping experience all the better,” said one customer.
11. Snuggle-Pedic Mattress That Breathes ($800, for a Queen): This mattress has a patented airflow transfer system that claims to create 100 times the breathability of other mattresses. It has extra-buoyant memory foam (made in the US) to make it easier for you to move around and get comfortable whether you sleep on your back, side, or stomach. Truly snuggle-worthy.
12. Live and Sleep Resort Ultra 12-inch Mattress ($440, for a Queen): Looking for a surface that’s not too soft but not too hard? This medium-firm mattress — it has a gel memory foam top layer and a thick high-density support base — will fit the bill. Bonus: It comes with a removable linen cover and a memory foam pillow.
13. Signature Sleep Memoir 6-Inch Memory Foam Mattress ($206, for a Queen): You’ll rest well on this eco-friendly, CertiPUR-US certified, and comfortable mattress. It has a top layer of Memoir foam that will conform to your body and a bottom layer of high-density foam to keep up with any tossing and turning.
14. Leesa 10-Inch Cooling Avena and Contouring Memory Foam Mattress ($940, for a Queen): Sleep soundly on this three-layer foam mattress that comes a 100-night in-home trial. Plus, for every mattress sold, the company plants a tree, and for every 10 mattresses sold, one mattress is donated.
15. Olee Sleep 13-Inch Galaxy Hybrid Mattress ($260, for a Queen): For ultimate comfort, look toward this five-layer mattress, which includes a jacquard cover, memory foam, dura foam, convoluted high-density foam, high-density foam, and dura coils.
Do you have a good mattress pick? Share it with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.