18 Clever Hacks for Easier Home Cleaning
With warmer temps comes the urge to clean (and travel, but that’s another post). The mission: To find the mother of all homemade cleaning solutions. Or to discover the secret to organizing the closet to dear Martha’s standards. Here are 18 tips to at least help you get there and get your homestead in pristine condition.
1. Cleaning Checklist: Whether you’re taking care of business in spring or not, everyone needs a good cleaning list, because with everything else you have to remember, you may need a reminder to dust. (via Honey Bear Lane)
5. DIY Bathroom Wipes: Who needs bleach wipes when you’ve got these super smelling bathroom wipes. That silver container is definitely display worthy and makes the wipes easily accessible. (via Savvy Sugar)
8. Freshening Towels: We all know that vinegar is a great disinfectant but did you know that it can freshen up your towels too? Just add it to your wash cycle when those towels start to smell a little funky. (via Classy Clutter)
10. Refrigerator Organization: If your fridge already looks like this, nice work. If not, go to the store and grab some plastic containers. The next time you need to clear out, it’s going to be so much faster and easier. (via Four Generations One Roof)
12. DIY Garbage Disposal Tablets: We hope you bought a lot of vinegar, because these little babies only require vinegar and citrus. Blend and your sink will be smelling great in no time. (via Bitz ‘n’ Giggles)
16. Cleaning Burnt Pots and Pans: This hack is a fix for that burnt stuff on pots and pants that even a good soak won’t fix. A splash of vinegar and a pinch of baking soda will have your pots shining again. (via Mom 4 Real)
18. Lavender Linen Spray: At the end of a long day of spring cleaning, wouldn’t you love to pull back your sheets and have the sweet relaxing smell of lavender greet you? We would. (via Town and Country Living)
Know of any other good cleaning hacks? Give them to us in the comments below.