So you have the kiddos’ Easter baskets all picked out and ready to go. Stuck on what to fill them with? Candy is a solid choice, but this year why not skip the store-bought stuff and go totally DIY instead? These 14 delectable homemade confections will show you how it’s done. Include a few more creative additions, and you’ll definitely put the Easter Bunny to shame.
1. Chocolate Carmallow Squares: Bite into these chocolate-enrobed candies to reveal layers of homemade chewy marshmallow and honey caramel inside. (via Bake Love Give)
2. Ghirardelli-Dipped Peanut Butter Eggs: There’s no wrong way to eat these peanut butter eggs. As a nice bonus, their shape is formed by hand — no cookie cutters required. (via Brit + Co)
3. Homemade Marshmallow Peeps: Making marshmallow chicks from scratch means you can adorn them with custom colors not found at the store. (via Southern Fatty)
4. Healthy Cadbury Creme Eggs (Vegan): You won’t find any dairy or high fructose corn syrup inside these candies. But trust that they’re still just as sweet and creamy as the original that inspired ’em. (via A Lovely Side Project)
5. Homemade Gummy Bunnies: Four wholesome ingredients is all you need to make these chewy gummies. (via Inspired Edibles)
6. Easter Krackle Bars: These crispy, confettied chocolate bars show that Rice Kripsies can shine in more than just buttery treats or the cereal bowl. (via Around My Family Table)
7. Hazelnut Truffles: Fans of Nutella will enjoy these luxe, made-from-scratch chocolates. You won’t find any of the famous spread within, but the essence is all there. (via Healthful Pursuit)
8. Homemade Jelly Beans: They may not be quite as smooth as their mass-produced counterparts, but homemade jelly beans win in the flavor and color department. Have fun tailoring the taste and tint as you see fit. (via Cupcake Project)
9. Coconut Truffles: Taking the extra step of toasting the coconut for these truffles adds an additional layer of welcome nuttiness to the mix of marshmallow cream, vanilla and chocolate. (via Food Fanatic)
10. Homemade Chocolate Bunnies: Made from DIYed three-ingredient chocolate bars, these bunnies sure know how to break the mold. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
11. Jordan Almond Bark: Crushed Jordan almonds lend a colorful (and kinda healthy) touch to every piece of this bark. Not a fan of nuts? Use seasonally colored, candy-coated chocolates instead. (via Fat Trapped in a Skinny Body)
12. Gumdrops: These cheery chews put store-bought gumdrops to shame. (via Eat, Knit + DIY)
13. Homemade Almond Joys (Raw, Gluten-Free): You won’t find any refined sugar (or dairy or gluten) in these nibbles, but they’re every bit as happy-making as the real thing. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
14. Hollow Chocolate Confetti Eggs: These festive eggs are sure to bring a little bit of piñata-like flair to your Easter basket. (via Brit + Co)
What are your favorite Easter candies? Any homemade recipes we missed? Share your must-haves with us below!