Here at Brit + Co, we’re constantly on a mission to find ways to live healthier. We understand that life can get incredibly busy and sometimes frozen foods seem like the quick and easy way to go, but we also know that they’re filled with excess sodium and calories. So what’s the solution, you ask? Homemade versions! Here are 13 delectable frozen food recipes you can freeze ahead of time and enjoy on those crazy hectic days.
1. Light Jalapeño Poppers: Want to hear a joke? What do you call a nosy pepper? Jalapeño business! (via Gimme Some Oven)
2. Broccoli Cheddar Pockets: Just add a little bit of cheese and anything from broccoli to Brussels sprouts will taste like heaven. (via The Food Network)
3. Chicken Pot Pie: First we shared a vegetarian edition of the pot pie, and now we’re sharing the original. Yummo! (via Pillsbury)
4. Ricotta Cheese Ravioli: Ahh, the Italian classic. You might be surprised to learn that ravioli actually isn’t impossible to make at home. (via Everyday Occasions)
5. Baked Homemade Pizza Rolls: Now, these may not look exactly like the original pizza rolls, but it’s only because they’re better. Not only are these baked wonton wrappers a whole lot healthier, but they add a wonderful crunch to each bite. (via Back to Her Roots)
6. Chinese Orange Chicken: Yeah, that’s right. We’re hooking you up with this awesome orange chicken recipe. Now you won’t ever need to order takeout again. You’re welcome. (via The Daring Gourmet)
7. Garlic Cheese Bread: To quote the Wendy’s commercial, “That’s a whole lotta ciabatta.” (via Savory Sweet Life)
8. Baked Mozzarella Sticks: Mozzarella sticks and you go together like peanut butter and jelly. And when those mozzarella sticks are baked? It’s even better — like peanut butter and Nutella. (via The Comfort of Cooking)
9. Baked Black Bean Taquitos: If you’re looking for a quick lunchtime treat, these baked taquitos dipped in an avocado sauce will definitely hit the spot. (via She Knows)
10. Sweet Potato Parmesan Tater Tots: These tater tots are baked, made of sweet potatoes and come with a Sriracha dipping sauce. Ladies and gents, it doesn’t get much better than this. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Baby Bella Pizza Bites: Those Bagel Bites are out the window! Check out this super sophisticated mushroom version of the favorite treat. (via Quiche a Week)
12. Baked Chicken Nuggets: Put your frying pans away, everyone. While they may not be shaped like cool dinosaurs, these chicken nuggets will soon become a family favorite. (via Cooking Classy)
13. Baked Ziti: We’re clutching onto the last weeks of winter food with this warm and hearty dish. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
Which frozen food would you tack on to the list? Tell us below!