Rejoice! Now You Can Make Tapioca Milk Tea at Home
Ever heard of Tapioca Milk Tea or Boba? If you haven’t, then look up where the closest Boba place is and give it a try. Your tastebuds will thank you. Originally hailing from Taiwan, this delicious treat falls in the middle of the spectrum between coffee and tea, but with a surprise twist — tapioca! And with tapioca being all the rage recently, it’s no surprise that we’re trying our hands at making this favorite drink at home. We show you how.
- 2 packets tea for every cup of tea you want to make. Milk tea is typically made with a strong black tea, or a jasmine green tea also works. We made one black tea and one jasmine green tea.
- tapioca (you can buy this at most Asian grocery stores)
- 4 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- cute toppings (we went with Pocky Sticks, marshmallow ice cream cones, chocolate pandas, waffle rolls and Hello Kitty cookies!)
1. Prepare the tea according to the instructions, but with 2 bags. I use about 8 ounces of boiling water for every 2 tea bags. Let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the tea bags. Add 2 tablespoons of condensed milk to each cup of tea. Swirl to dissolve.
3. Let cool and then refrigerate.
4. Prepare the tapioca as the packaging instructs. We used 1 cup of dry tapioca. At the end, lightly drizzle honey over the tapioca and mix. Let cool and then refrigerate.
5. When the tea and tapioca are cool, split the tapioca into two cups. Pour tea over.
6. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, then add fun toppings!
You can choose traditional black tapioca, or go with the colorful ones like we did.
Adding the condensed milk gives the tea that rich, creamy sweet flavor we all know and love.
Add it to mason jars to get the ultimate hipster look.
Top off with tea!
CUTE TOPPINGS GALORE!!!
Why use a plastic straw when you can use a waffle straw?
Show us your Tapioca Milk Tea on Instagram with #iamcreative!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.