Rejoice! Now You Can Make Tapioca Milk Tea at Home
Ever heard of Tapioca Milk Tea or Boba? If you haven’t, then look up where the closest Boba place is and give it a try. Your tastebuds will thank you. Originally hailing from Taiwan, this delicious treat falls in the middle of the spectrum between coffee and tea, but with a surprise twist — tapioca! And with tapioca being all the rage recently, it’s no surprise that we’re trying our hands at making this favorite drink at home. We show you how.
- 2 packets tea for every cup of tea you want to make. Milk tea is typically made with a strong black tea, or a jasmine green tea also works. We made one black tea and one jasmine green tea.
- tapioca (you can buy this at most Asian grocery stores)
- 4 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- cute toppings (we went with Pocky Sticks, marshmallow ice cream cones, chocolate pandas, waffle rolls and Hello Kitty cookies!)
1. Prepare the tea according to the instructions, but with 2 bags. I use about 8 ounces of boiling water for every 2 tea bags. Let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the tea bags. Add 2 tablespoons of condensed milk to each cup of tea. Swirl to dissolve.
3. Let cool and then refrigerate.
4. Prepare the tapioca as the packaging instructs. We used 1 cup of dry tapioca. At the end, lightly drizzle honey over the tapioca and mix. Let cool and then refrigerate.
5. When the tea and tapioca are cool, split the tapioca into two cups. Pour tea over.
6. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, then add fun toppings!
You can choose traditional black tapioca, or go with the colorful ones like we did.
Adding the condensed milk gives the tea that rich, creamy sweet flavor we all know and love.
Add it to mason jars to get the ultimate hipster look.
Top off with tea!
CUTE TOPPINGS GALORE!!!
Why use a plastic straw when you can use a waffle straw?
Show us your Tapioca Milk Tea on Instagram with #iamcreative!