Warm Up This Winter With a Hot Cocoa Themed Party
Here at B+C, we are always down for a party. Bachelor party, Galentine’s brunch party — you name it, and we will create a party to celebrate. Today we are all about our favorite warm winter beverage (you know the one that’s just like a melted candy bar), hot cocoa! We are adding hot cocoa to our waffles and wings to create a full hot cocoa spread to blow all your guests away. Finish off your party decor with a tea cup piñata and a balloon arch of hot cocoa steam. Turn on Netflix and get warm and cozy with all your BFFs.
Hot Cocoa Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 1 cup Cocoa Krispies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix spices into oil and massage onto the chicken wings.
- Crush up the Cocoa Krispies in a large plastic bag. Add in flour, hot cocoa powder and mix together. Dump in the wings and shake until they’re all covered.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 mins at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. (Flip over after the first 15 minutes to cook both sides.) Raise the oven to 475 degrees and cook for 15 minutes.
Mix all the spices together in oil and then massage onto the chicken wings.
Crush up the Cocoa Krispies, then pour in the flour and hot cocoa powder. Shake until combined. Dump in the chicken wings and shake again.
Lay them out on a greased pan. Cook for 30 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (flip them over when the timer hits 15 minutes), then raise the oven to 475 degrees and cook for another 15 minutes.
Hot Cocoa Waffles
- 1 cup hot cocoa
- 4 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Mix the wet ingredients together and then dump in the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Grease the waffle iron and pour on the waffle batter.
Mix the wet ingredients together and then add in the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
Make a waffle, and then make some more!
Add marshmallows in between the waffle layers and torch for an extra crisp.
Top with cocoa fried chicken and drizzle with a caramel glaze.
Boozy Hot Cocoa
- 1/4 cup hot cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- In a sauce pan or pot, add the cocoa, chocolate chips, sugar, chili powder and milk. Melt over medium high, stirring constantly. Bring the hot chocolate to a steam, then remove from heat.
- Add the whiskey, and divide the hot chocolate between two or three mugs.
Melt all that chocolatey goodness together over medium heat. Remove from the stove and then add in the whiskey.
This recipe will make 2-3 cups of hot cocoa. Top with marshmallows and torch for a s’more vibe.
No party is complete without a piñata! Create a large tea-cup piñata and a steamy balloon backdrop for all of your guests to use as a photo booth.
If you didn’t know — chicken and waffles is one of my favorite meals. This chocolate take on a Southern classic is actually to die for. Trust me.
I think all booze should come in the form of hot cocoa with torched marshmallows.
I would make these chicken wings on the regular. The hot cocoa powder gives the wings a sweet, tangy crunch and a flavor you would never expect. Everyone in the office was 100 percent on board with these wings.
I’ll be taking this plate — thank youuu.
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Brittany Griffin and Kurt Andre
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.