This Is the Secret to Looking Fresh on a Long-Haul Flight
Have you ever wondered why, during air travel, you barely manage to look human yet every flight attendant looks annoyingly bright and fresh-faced? It all comes down to proper planning and packing. Here the Emirates Cabin Crew share their best tips for looking refreshed on a long-haul flight, even if you’re stuck in a middle seat.
1. Pack a few beauty essentials. The Crew’s top three beauty products are pure coconut oil, pure aloe vera gel, and rose water. “Splashing water on your face and using rose water spray throughout the flight will help to wash off grease and oils and rehydrate the skin, making for a fresher look upon landing,” they say.
2. Skip the waterproof mascara. The Cabin Crew advises against waterproof mascara as it will dry out eyelashes onboard. Additionally, if you’re flying medium- to long-haul flights (anything over five hours), the Crew says to remove makeup before sleeping and moisturize afterward. Packing a facial spray can help boost hydration post snooze session.
3. Choose the right foods and drinks. If you’re planning on sleeping on your flight, steer clear of any foods that might trigger indigestion or bloat and make you too uncomfortable to rest. And stick to fruit juices over caffeinated drinks or alcohol because, as the Crew warns, “no one wants a plane hangover!”
4. Avoid bed head with a few simple tricks. The Emirates Cabin Crew says to pack a small brush or comb in your purse or carry-on for a little touchup in the airport. To prevent flat hair while sleeping onboard, they recommend using an inflatable pillow or a rolled-up blanket around the neck. In addition, “pulling your hair into a ponytail or bun will also help tame your locks while you sleep. A travel-sized bottle of dry shampoo will work miracles on post-flying dirty hair and helps to add volume.”
5. Add a little color to your cheeks. Flying can be rough, but you don’t have to look like it is. The Crew shares this trick: “Never underestimate the power of a good blush — it can transform your ‘just out of bed’ look in seconds and make you look healthy and well-rested on your arrival.”
(Photo via Getty)