8 Unexpected Ways to Let Your BFF Know You Love Her
There’s nothing like a friend who feels like family. Whether you have known your bestie since preschool, were roomies in college, or met more recently, you love her for a reason (or, like, 10,000 of them). So why not carve out some time to remind her how important she is to you in an intentional and thoughtful way? If you’re looking for a few practical-yet-unexpected ways to show your best friend how much you care, look no further! Here are our best suggestions for letting your best pal know that she truly matters to you, even in the midst of a busy schedule.
1. Give a gift she’d never get for herself. Did something catch your bestie’s eye last time you went shopping together — something she loves but probably wouldn’t spend money on for herself? That’s what best friends are for! Not only will your friend feel known and appreciated by your thoughtful gesture and amazing memory, but she’ll also remember how special your friendship is every time she uses the candle or earrings you snagged for her.
2. Send some good old-fashioned snail mail. Is there anything more fun than opening the mailbox and finding a hand-written note tucked between your junk mail and bills? Brighten your bestie’s day and send a card sharing all the reasons you’re thankful for her. To take snail mail to the next level, check out Greetabl, a personalized (not to mention adorable) way to send a note and small gift.
3. Sign her up for a subscription. If you want to invest in something a little more involved — and make your bestie’s life easier — what about a subscription box delivered to her doorstep? Get creative: What would truly benefit your friend’s life? Is she a wine connoisseur, or could she use some help with meal planning? Would she get giddy over a monthly book or a coffee subscription? No matter what you choose, your pal will feel adored every month when she unboxes her subscription. If a subscription box is too pricey, pick a magazine she’d love to read — it’s the same sentiment!
4. Take care of something on her to-do list. Sure, gifts are great, but an act of service can be even better because it gives the precious gift of time to your BFF, freeing her up to focus on what matters most to her in life. Figure out what tasks are bogging her down and surprise her by getting them done for her. Don’t be afraid to hire someone or enlist the help of other friends if tiling bathrooms or landscaping aren’t exactly your thing.
5. Plan a day for the two of you to experience something new together. Is there a local restaurant you and your bestie have always wanted to check out? Or an art museum in your city you both have never visited but keep meaning to? Surprise your best friend by making a plan to experience something new and enjoyable together, whether local or out of town, and you’re bound to make memories that will last a lifetime.
6. Establish a routine get-together. Life can get busy, and it’s easy to let loved ones slip through the cracks of a full schedule. To avoid creating distance between the two of you during busy, hectic times, get a regular date with your bestie on the calendar. If a routine coffee date or happy hour doesn’t feel realistic, then kill two birds with one stone by doing something productive together, like grocery shopping or hitting up a barre class.
7. Remember (and celebrate) an important occasion. Keeping your BFF’s important dates in your own calendar shows you care about what matters to her, from her dog’s birthday to the anniversary of landing her dream job. Then take the time to reach out and show that you remember, and it’ll make a significant day even better.
8. Team up with other friends to plan something special. There’s nothing like being surrounded by your favorite people. So why not get all of your bestie’s VIPs in one room to shower her with encouragement? Whether you throw a surprise birthday party or put together a simple dinner to celebrate a recent accomplishment, planning a dedicated time to honor your best friend for all she does is something she will remember — and cherish — forever.
How do you show your bestie how much she matters to you? Tell us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Getty)