9 Cool Ice Cream Treats to Celebrate Your Kid’s Summer Birthday
Your little love’s birthday is the event of the summer, and this celebration deserves desserts that go beyond plain ol’ chocolate chip cookies or a row of store-bought cupcakes . You probably don’t have all the time in the world to whip up a refreshingly light cake that’s infused with lemon curd and elderflower buttercream, but you can still treat your kiddo, and the party guests, to a few fab summertime treats . And yes, that means ice cream. Before you try to Cake Boss your way into a birthday dessert that’s well above your culinary skill set, check out these easy-to-make (and totally tasty) ice cream dreams.
1. Blondie Confetti Ice Cream Sandwiches: Nothing says “Party!” like confetti-colored sprinkles. These fun ice cream sandwiches certainly aren’t the standard. They’ll surprise, and delight, your guests while keeping them cool. (via Sprinkle Bakes )
2. Banana Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes: Forget about boring cupcakes or messy banana splits. This summery treat combines both in a completely creative way. You can even let older kiddos drizzle the chocolate on top or add cherries! (via Baking Bites )
3. Hot Fudge Sundae Cake: Every party needs a cake. And if you’re all about ice cream, this one just can’t be beat. (via Smitten Kitchen )
4. Pretzel Strawberry Ice Cream Pie: The kids love pretzels. And they’re pretty much okay with anything that has ice cream in it. This rad recipe combines the two into one glorious pie. (via Brown Eyed Baker )
5. Two-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream: Believe it or not, you can make your own ice cream. This recipe is incredibly simple, with only two ingredients to use. And bonus, it’s perfect for all of your vegan guests. (via Bowl of Delicious )
6. Ice Cream Pie with a Sugar Cookie Crust: Ice cream and sugar cookies? Yum. This easy option gives everyone the chance to dig in and get their chill on. You can even switch out different flavors of ice cream, making sure that everyone gets their favorite. (via A Beautiful Mess )
7. Toasted Coconut Fried Ice Cream: If you’re looking for something different, this recipe is your answer. There are more than a few ways to turn ice cream into a delicious dessert — and this one steps up the culinary game by frying it up. This beauteous little ball of ice cream goodness is something that your grown-up guests will enjoy too. (via The Healthy Foodie )
8. Saltine Crack Ice Cream Sandwiches: If you just can’t even imagine how saltines and ice cream could possibly go together, then check out this recipe. Your kiddo (and the party guests) will get both their savory and sweet cravings satisfied. (via Smitten Kitchen )
9. Rice Krispies Treat Ice Cream Cones: You need something to put the ice cream in anyway, right? Well, these Rice Krispies cones are totally unexpected, creative alternatives to the plain version. (via Aww Sam )
What’s your kiddo’s favorite ice cream treat? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo !