Nothing screams summer like ice cream, and we know you’re screaming for it, too. We just can’t wait any longer for the sweet tunes of the ice cream truck to round our street corner, and to watch our sky-high cone melt right before our eyes. We need it now and we’re ready to enjoy it with all of our friends and family. Enough with the waiting… check out these 19 must-haves for an epic ice cream party so you can get right to planning!
1. Strawberry Ice Cream: An ice cream party needs the standard vanilla and chocolate, but you might want to also consider a fruity addition to mix things up a little bit. Grab some strawberries and make your own homemade version! (via The Gastronomic Bong)
2. Rainbow Polka Dot Ice Cream Cups ($14): Please don’t tell us you were going to use regular ol’ bowls. Fancy ice cream cups, preferably ones with bright colors and patterns, are a must.
4. Ice Cream Garland ($7 and up): Grab a line and start stringing. You will already have enough time-consuming projects to DIY, so avoid the fuss over the decor and quickly dress the walls with ice cream.
6. Ice Cream Cone Pinata ($55): If you ate too much ice cream and are cursing its name, we have an answer for you. Give this piñata a good smack to show just how mad you are. You’ll probably even burn some cals while you’re at it!
7. Vintage Ice Cream Spoon Set ($33): You probably can’t buy one of these vintage spoons for each of your guests, but they would sure look cute on display. Keep them for the after-party and show your other half which ice cream is yours!
11. Printable Strawberry Ice Cream Cone Wrappers: The homemade strawberry ice cream will be such a hit that it’ll need its own matching wrapper. Print your own and start wrapping your cones! (via Design Eat Repeat)
17. Wine Glass Toppings: Parties are all about the display, and you don’t want to just throw the toppings anywhere. Place them in wine glasses with spoons to make sure your guests will feel fancy as they stuff themselves with sweets. (via Elizabeth Anne Designs)
18. Ice Cream Cone Cookies: Not everyone likes ice cream (gasp!), so it wouldn’t hurt to have another dessert option at the party. Make sure you stick with the theme and whip up some ice cream cookies. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
Will you be hosting an ice cream party this summer? Which of these must-haves will you be sure to include? Tell us in the comments or Tweet us about it!