Seeing Stars: 17 Patriotic Accessories to Buy + DIY
The United States of America is all about freedom, and that means wearing whatever the heck you want. What better way to celebrate our love for the good ol’ U-S-of-A than by adding a touch of Americana to your outfit? Since we can’t stop filling our closets with patriotic, flag-printed stuff, we’ve rounded up 17 accessories (and tutorials) that you may just want to jump on before the big Independence Day BBQ… because stars and stripes will never go out of style.
7. American Flag Sunglasses Case ($10): What’s the point of rockin’ killer shades when you don’t have a cute case to protect them from scratches?! You know you’re going to throw them into your bag, so you may as well keep ‘em safe!
9. DIY Patriotic Flower Crown: Nothing says, “America” more than a flower crown, right? Well, maybe not. But this red, white and blue beauty is a less obvious approach to your July 4th outfit — and we’re loving it. (via My Everyday Lifestyle)
10. DIY Patriotic Beach Bag: Regardless of the fact that red, white and blue represent our fine country, the vibrant hues make for a pretty stellar color combo. Stars and stripes aren’t necessary when it comes to this fun tote. (via Irresistible Pets)
12. DIY Washi Tape Bracelets: As if you needed another reason to be obsessed with washi tape… With these wooden cuffs, the possibilities are endless. Create a multi-patterned bracelet or one with solely stars and stripes. Or both. (via Mama Miss)
14. DIY Sharpie Sunnies: If flag-printed sunnies are nowhere to be found, just make your own using a white pair, Sharpies and painters tape. Don’t forget to remove them before the fireworks! (via Sunglass Warehouse)
15. American Flag Five-Panel Cap ($9): It doesn’t need to be July 4th for you to sport this cute cap.
17. Tattered Flag Scarf ($38): Whether you wear it around your neck or drape it over your shoulders, this slightly tattered scarf shows your spirit in style. It’s sheer and lightweight — just what you need from a summer accessory.
What are your favorite starred and striped accessories? Sound off below!