15 Indoor Swings That Bring Out Your Inner Kid
You may think it sounds a little childishor a little dangerous to have a swing inside, but it can actually be a stylish and even romantic way to add some extra seating or just some extra character to your place. We promise it’ll be your favorite feature in the house. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to play on one of these chic swings? An indoor swing is surprisingly versatile and can look sleek and industrial, or can go full-on bohemian romance. If you’re lucky enough to have high ceilings and a little extra floor space, check out our 16 favorite indoor swings and get inspired to have a little fun!
1. The Svvving ($950+): Coming in at the most expensive and most luxurious swing is the Svvving, which comes in fine leather and a variety of colors.
2. IKEA Playground Swings ($25): IKEA knows how to make a living room that feels just like a playroom with safety mats and fun swing sets that they can hang all over.
3. Anthropologie Woven Hanging Chair ($548): Perfect to put in your empty kitchen nook, for a great way to keep the kids hanging out in the kitchen while you cook dinner instead of in front of the TV.
4. Anthropologie Canyon Fringe Hammock ($118): While a hammock may not be considered a swing to all, it is to us! And who wouldn’t want to have this perfect paradise reading corner in their house?
5. Four Oaks Designs The Courting Swing Bed ($1,264): This perfect daybed hangs just perfectly above the ground to make being rocked to sleep attainable as an adult. Put it in the living room as a wall seat type nook, or in your guest room as an adorable bed.
6. Manu Nest Hanging Chair ($2,495): Proof that you don’t need super-high ceiling beams to have a hanging seat, this sleek seat only weighs 30 pounds but can hold up to 400 pounds.
7. Googa Wood Wooden Indoor Swing ($234): Replace the loveseat, or recliner chair you thought you needed in your family room, and replace them with these swings perfect for adults and kids alike.
8. KYBO Designs Hanging Chair ($372): Installing a swing is an amazing way to add interest and extra seating without blocking the view or the hallway.
9. The Hooks Swing ($130): This child-friendly swing can be installed quickly and easily without making permanent changes to a structure, and the neon ropes add a fun pop of color to the room.
10. La Siesta Cotton Hanging Chair ($118): You can change the height of this hanging chair, as well as easily move it around the house. Perfect for the kiddos, and for you!
11. Modway Silver Ring Lounge Chair ($643): This futuristic floating orb chair will make you feel straight out of a Back To The Future reboot.
12. Serena & Lily Hanging Rattan Chair ($499): This Scandinavian inspired swing chair will give you a perfect place to float and relax in any part of the house.
13. DIY Indoor Swing: How amazing and gorgeous is this little DIY swing?! We love the idea of just making one small place to relax and have a little swing to yourself. (via Chris Loves Julia)
14. Bead Necklace Swing: This simple yet beautiful swing not only functions as sleek decor but also as a swing. You won’t have to worry about the art anymore with this piece! (via Handmade Charlotte)
15. DIY Hanging Lounge Chair: This super easy DIY would be cute outside sure, but would be super amazing as a group around your dining room table as well.
Have an indoor swing in your home? Show us yours on Pinterest @BritandCo
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.