7 Indoor Workouts to Beat Rainy Days
Before we can enjoy any beautiful May flowers, we have to get through the April showers. Soggy weather can throw a serious crutch in our workout plans when our cardio activities are outside the gym (like hitting the trails), and our yoga practice is going down outdoors. So next time the sky turns gray and the rain starts pounding down, just grab your workout gear and head over to YouTube to check out any one of these seven killer workouts you can do from the comfort of home. Feel free to invite your workout friend in from the rain for extra motivation.
1. Fun Indoor Cardio Workout: Cassey wants us all to pretend like we’re at a dance club for this workout, and considering that’s how we like to live our lives in general, this 10-minute indoor cardio workout is super fun (but actually really hard too). (via blogilates)
2. 32-Minute Home Cardio Workout With No Equipment: Get ready to sweat. With this video, you’re going to be doing a body-weight only cardio workout that follows a 45-second workout to 15-second rest format. Your heart will be pumping hard. (via FitnessBlender)
3. Yoga for Complete Beginners: Calling all beginners! Adriene talks you through a complete sequence that doesn’t require anything but an open mind, an open heart and 20 minutes of your time. (via Yoga With Adriene)
4. Chair Moves to Tone Your Legs and Butt: Who knew your dining room chair was so crucial to getting tighter legs and a toned butt? Perfect for you ladies living in small spaces, this quick two-and-a-half-minute video gets you in and out in no time. (via CosmoBody)
6. 5-Minute Workout for Abs & Butt: Three exercises done in just five minutes is what Zuzka calls a “lazy workout,” but trust us, it’ll feel anything but lazy once you’re a few minutes in. Prepare to feel the buuuurn. (via Zuzka Light)
7. Fat-Burning Indoor Cardio Workout: The size of your yoga mat is all the space you need for this two round, 20-minute cardio routine with Kym. She’ll lead you through ten moves for one minute each, repeated twice. (via KymNonStop)
Tweet us your go-to indoor workout @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via Getty)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!