Instagram’s New Update + 4 More Apps to Try This Weekend
We are officially entering the craziest month of the year. From work deadlines to holiday parties, the action won’t stop until AT LEAST January. So while you’re decompressing from a full Thanksgiving meal (or chomping leftovers!), we’ve got five apps to get you prepared for the month ahead. Whether you need to send silly selfies to friends, buy gifts or take notes, these five apps will help you keep sane until 2017. See you on the other side.
1. Instagram: Instagram’s newest updates prove that it is OUT to get Snapchat. The social network just introduced “live stories” that let you send out live video to your followers and “disappearing messages” which let you send pics to your pals (or groups) that will go away.
2. Frenzy: You could head out for sales all this weekend, or you could just download this app that pairs with some insanely cool brands to offer you deep discounts via flash sale. This is probably how we’ll be doing the majority of our holiday shopping.
3. Long Game: If you’re terrible at saving money, try turning it into a game. This new app lets you play your savings like a lottery (except you can never lose), and you can earn real-world prizes the more money you stow away.
4. Snappy: For all your last-minute gifts this holiday season, there’s Snappy. This app markets itself like a gift card, only better. The app will allow your recipient to choose the gift they like best from a personalized list. And it only takes 17 seconds. No more excuses.
5. LetterSnap: For all those moments when you see some text that you want to save, snap a pic with LetterSnap. The app will automatically convert the picture into readable text that you can copy and paste anywhere you want. It’s kind of the ultimate utility app, and we can’t believe we’ve lived this long without it on our phones.
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!