5 iPhone 7 Rumors You Need to Know This Week
Another week brings another round of new iPhone rumors. Who says celebs are the only ones being gossiped about ;) While we love hearing about and speculating what each new generation of iPhones will bring, it’s really all in good fun as no one truly knows what’s up until Tim Cook + Craig Federighi step onto the stage to make the big announcement. Regardless of that fact, we’re gonna have some fun and spill some good iPhone 6s + 7 tea with you.
1. Two Launches: There is speculation from a report by Know Your Mobile that there could be two separate launches for the iPhone 6s + iPhone 7 this year. This could actually be a reality because Apple may be looking to release the 6s alongside the Apple Watch to encourage additional sales when the wearable launches in the first half of the year (Apple marketers, you’re so smart) while the 7 would launch in the usual late-Q3/fall spot. We can get behind that logic, there’s really nothing that would look better accompanying your new Apple Watch than a shiny, new phone.
2. 2GB of RAM: As we reported last week, Apple is rumored to be playing with doubling the memory in the iPhone 7. Not only would the added memory provide more power to the smartphone, allowing efficient multitasking, but it would also give the phone the power to implement a new technology Apple has been playing with: Force Touch. According to Phone Dog, “the feature lets the device distinguish between a short press and a long one and gives users contextually specific controls.” We’re down with this.
3. New Designs: While this is the biggest TBD speculation, it is rumored that Apple could be changing up the design of the iPhone once again. Mac World believes if there is going to be a design change it would be by making the iPhone thicker and including “sidewall displays.” What even is that?! Sidewall displays would extend onto the sides of the iPhone allowing for interactive panels giving access to the slide to unlock functionality, music player controls, messaging readout, caller ID and more. All we can really think about is a lot of accidental button pressing.
4. Liquid Metal: Totally speculative, but there is also talk of iPhone developers finally building material with liquid metal. Building with liquid metal would basically allow you to carry around that shiny new iPhone without a case. Everyone say it together, “FINALLY!”
5. DSLR Quality Camera: Daring Fireball’s John Gruber says he heard from “a birdie of a birdie” that the next phone could make for the “biggest camera jump ever.” That sounds promising… What that would mean is the next iPhone could come with a dual-lens camera setup to provide DSLR quality images. Say it ain’t so!
All of these things sound amazing and basically life-altering, but you know the drill; these are still just rumors and concept images. So, nothing (sadly) is set in stone until Apple announces it. Fingers crossed for your fave rumor.
What iPhone 6s + 7 rumors have you heard that you want in the next generation of the Apple phones? Let us know in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.