Morning Buzz! Jodie Sweetin Brought a Little Full House to Dancing With the Stars + More!
1. What better way to kick off your DWTS season than with a Full House parody? Jodie Sweetin — aka Stephanie Tanner, not that we need to tell you that — made her Dancing With the Stars debut last night, and she and dancing partner Keo Motsepe did a reenactment of the Full House intro, complete with that song you’ve known for what feels like your whole life. A quick scan of Twitter proved that Jodie had so much support from her TV family going into her first show. “Vote for my TV daughter,” Bob Saget tweeted, while Andrea Barber, aka Kimmy Gibbler, said that she “couldn’t be prouder.” Cute!
2. Adele trying to twerk is all of us. “My whole body moves, watch,” said Adele as she attempted the bum-shaking dance move on the London stop of her current world tour. “My bum could break my back it’s so enormous.” *Insert cry-laughing emoji here.* Of course, she looked insanely glamorous while being adorably goofy — so while we totally relate, Adele, you’re still the queen.
3. This actor burst into tears filming a scene with Lauren Graham for the Gilmore Girls revival. Girl, we feel you. Sutton Foster — otherwise known as the very Lorelai-esque Michelle from Amy Sherman-Palladino’s Bunheads (aka an amazing Gilmore Girls replacement during those Gilmore-less years) — has been brought in as a new character on the reboot, and she admits that it was an emotional experience. “It was just surreal,” she tells Entertainment Weekly, adding that when the scene was done, she bawled. While she wasn’t able to dish any further info, she did say she’d be in two episodes. (via EW, photo via Stephen Lovekin/Getty)
4. Here’s what drunk shoppers are likely to buy online on Friday nights. Ever have an after-work drink or two, then wander into some stores on your way home? And did you notice that when you do, you’re more likely to buy that coat you’ve been eyeing but responsibly avoiding? Racked did a survey of shopping data and found that 48% more orders are made at 2am on a Friday compared to a Monday, and that these orders mostly consist of expensive lingerie, dresses and heels. If only we could turn this habit into late-night too-many-glasses-of-wine bill paying. (via Racked, photo via Matt Cardy/Getty)
5. This photo of Chris Hemsworth hugging his twin toddlers will absolutely melt your heart. This isn’t the first time Christ Hemsworth’s wife Elsa Pataky has shared squee-worthy photos of their adorable family on Instagram, but this one just might take the cake. Crouched down and embracing the little blonde cuties Tristan and Sasha, Hemsworth looks smitten and so affectionate with his boys, who just turned two. “There’s nothing that makes me happier in life, than being a mum and watch you growing up everyday!” Elsa wrote. The two also have a three-year-old daughter, India Rose. (via @elsapatakyconfidential)
6. Quote of the day: “You can’t change who you are, but you can change your actions. My wish is that girls and women stop competing with each other and learn that we are our best allies.” — Kelly Osbourne for #IAmMogul
(Featured photo via Jerod Harris/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)