Whether you’re planning a wedding that’s rustic, glam or something in between, lanterns are a versatile alternative to traditional chandeliers, floral centerpieces and even aisle decor. And they fit right in with a fall wedding. Here, we’ve rounded up 13 fabulous ways to decorate with lanterns at your wedding for a warm, welcoming look every last guest will love.
3. Antique Fireplace: While the antique fireplace and arched flower arrangement are already pretty enough on their own, vintage lanterns help give this ceremony backdrop added rustic charm. (via One Fab Day)
4. Cocktail Lighting: Whether you hang them from branches or display them on ledges, lanterns beautifully set the stage for lots of mixing and mingling. (via Elizabeth Anne Designs + Colin Cowie Weddings)
5. Moroccan-Inspired Decor: Guests will feel as if they’ve traveled straight to Casablanca when you decorate your reception space with vibrant draping and Moroccan-inspired lanterns. (via Stupa Caspea)
6. Non-Traditional Bouquets: Flower-filled lanterns make totally gorgeous, totally unconventional bouquets for you, your maids and even your flower girls. Display them on tables after the ceremony to get the most mileage out of your floral budget. (via Bridal Guide)
12. Unconventional Centerpieces: Pair lanterns with flowers, as seen here, or go for a simpler, more minimalist look. Either way, they’re sure to deliver a soft glow and plenty of charm. (via Rustic Wedding Chic + Loverly)
Will you be decorating with lanterns? Share your wedding plans with us below!