16 Floral Accessories for the Modern Flower Girl
Alright, it’s true: Everyone’s eyes will be on you, but there’s another lady on the scene who just might steal the hearts of guests before you’ve even made your grand appearance. We’re talking about your flower girl. Already found the perfect dress for your big day’s littlest star? Complete her look with one or more of these 16 unique accessories guaranteed to make an adorable impression.
2. Here Comes the Bride/Just Married Banner ($48): Not into traditional petal tossing? No one will miss it when she announces your grand arrival (and exit!) in style with a too-sweet cotton-linen two-sided banner.
5. Laser Cut Pinwheels ($28): Quirky yet understated, these pretty pinwheels bring an unexpected twist to your processional… and did we mention they’re laser cut?
6. Flower Dog Wreath: Who ever said your flower girl has to be human?! Make woman’s best friend a part of your day by letting her loose in a custom crown or necklace that’s truly one of a kind. (via Weddbook and The Merriment Blog)
8. Crinkle Fans ($12-20): With a variety of motifs to choose from, including sky and sea, flora, gold-gild and blooming ombre, it’s fun finding the set that best suits your theme.
9. Paper Hand Fans ($38): When it’s solids, not patterns, you’re after, these colorful creations offer the perfect alternative. Send her down the aisle carrying any one of 10 shades, including bold black or of-the-moment mint. Extras can be used as favors, escort cards and décor.
13. Ribbon Wand: One sweet flower girl plus a colorful ribbon wand equals unforgettable cuteness. Check out this helpful Hey Gorgeous Events tutorial for instructions on how to DIY your own. (via Ruffled)
14. Oversized Flower: While bouquets are tailor-made for soaking up the limelight, we think this oversized bloom looks incredible all by itself. Want to DIY your own paper version of a gigantic flower? Draw inspiration from tutorials by Spoonful and Carte Fini. (via Want That Wedding)
15. Butterfly Hairpiece: A multicolored butterfly hairpiece, or even several combined, adds the ultimate finishing touch to an already amazing flower girl ensemble. We heart this one, available for $45 on Etsy. (via Vika Pobeda)
16. Pixel Sign: Taking a page from our very own Brit Morin’s wedding playbook, we just can’t help falling in love with this tech-inspired throwback that calls up childhood memories of Mario and Princess Peach. Whether you choose to DIY or work with a designer, an original element like this one brings plenty of personalized flair to your day. (via Brit. + Co.)
How will you up the cuteness factor for your flower girl? Let us know in the comments below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.