16 Floral Accessories for the Modern Flower Girl
Alright, it’s true: Everyone’s eyes will be on you, but there’s another lady on the scene who just might steal the hearts of guests before you’ve even made your grand appearance. We’re talking about your flower girl. Already found the perfect dress for your big day’s littlest star? Complete her look with one or more of these 16 unique accessories guaranteed to make an adorable impression.
2. Here Comes the Bride/Just Married Banner ($48): Not into traditional petal tossing? No one will miss it when she announces your grand arrival (and exit!) in style with a too-sweet cotton-linen two-sided banner.
5. Laser Cut Pinwheels ($28): Quirky yet understated, these pretty pinwheels bring an unexpected twist to your processional… and did we mention they’re laser cut?
6. Flower Dog Wreath: Who ever said your flower girl has to be human?! Make woman’s best friend a part of your day by letting her loose in a custom crown or necklace that’s truly one of a kind. (via Weddbook and The Merriment Blog)
8. Crinkle Fans ($12-20): With a variety of motifs to choose from, including sky and sea, flora, gold-gild and blooming ombre, it’s fun finding the set that best suits your theme.
9. Paper Hand Fans ($38): When it’s solids, not patterns, you’re after, these colorful creations offer the perfect alternative. Send her down the aisle carrying any one of 10 shades, including bold black or of-the-moment mint. Extras can be used as favors, escort cards and décor.
13. Ribbon Wand: One sweet flower girl plus a colorful ribbon wand equals unforgettable cuteness. Check out this helpful Hey Gorgeous Events tutorial for instructions on how to DIY your own. (via Ruffled)
14. Oversized Flower: While bouquets are tailor-made for soaking up the limelight, we think this oversized bloom looks incredible all by itself. Want to DIY your own paper version of a gigantic flower? Draw inspiration from tutorials by Spoonful and Carte Fini. (via Want That Wedding)
15. Butterfly Hairpiece: A multicolored butterfly hairpiece, or even several combined, adds the ultimate finishing touch to an already amazing flower girl ensemble. We heart this one, available for $45 on Etsy. (via Vika Pobeda)
16. Pixel Sign: Taking a page from our very own Brit Morin’s wedding playbook, we just can’t help falling in love with this tech-inspired throwback that calls up childhood memories of Mario and Princess Peach. Whether you choose to DIY or work with a designer, an original element like this one brings plenty of personalized flair to your day. (via Brit. + Co.)
How will you up the cuteness factor for your flower girl? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.