8 Ideas You Can Totally Steal from Lauren Conrad’s Bridal Shower
Lauren Conrad’s wedding has to be around the corner, you guys. While the rest of us were holding onto the last days of summer, the former reality star spent the Labor Day weekend celebrating her future nuptials at her bridal shower. Surrounded by her family and friends at her Laguna Beach home, Lauren donned a lacy LWD to the fête full of girly-girl flourishes, from the pink pastel color scheme to floral everything. And unsurprisingly, her as-seen-on-Instagram bridal bash was chock-full of DIY inspiration. Scroll through to snoop the pretty projects, including napkins printed with a so-cute custom wedding hashtag, all of which you can make for your own showers or end-of-summer celebrations.
1. Paper Flower Photo Booth Backdrop: Paper Flower Photo Booth Backdrop: The award for most popular piece at the party goes to the gorge paper flower backdrop that LC + gals posed in front of all day long. Create your own stunning photo booth display with our tutorial, then tie the entire room together with extra DIY floral garlands and freshly arranged centerpieces (it’s easier to do than you think!). (via Brit + Co)
2. Dress the Part: You’re going to need an outfit to match a party this pretty, and LC’s got you covered with her line of wear-again bridesmaid dresses. Released in six romantic shades and 12 flattering silhouettes, the frocks are meant to be recycled at an event with this much flirty flair. (via Brit + Co)
3. Signature Cocktails: Sip on something extra sweet like the golden cocktails Lauren + co raised at her bridal shower. Just like the other major elements of the bash, let the drink reflect your personality: Stick with a traditional champagne cocktail, keep it classy with martinis served straight up or punch it up with a colorful daiquiri. (via Brit + Co)
4. Glittery Drink Stirrers: Every stellar hostess knows that there’s more to a memorable cocktail than just the taste (and the kick!). To make each drink toast-worthy, trick out your glasses with festive drink stirrers, patterned straws or sugared rims. (via Brit + Co)
5. Mix + Match Plates: No table is complete without a wow-worthy setting, like Lo’s mix-and-match garden party plates. As you can see, custom chargers can enhance the theme like nothing else, adding flair to the table before guests take their seats and after they excuse themselves to get up and mingle. (via Brit + Co)
6. Accent Color Decor: Even though most of LC’s bridal party colors are shades of punchy pink, gold accents dot the decor, from glittery drink stirrers to gilded-rimmed plates to the standout golden utensils. If you can’t splurge on the metallic set, gold dip your silverware using our tutorial! (via Brit + Co)
7. Personalized Favors for the Bride: Lo requested that each of her guests bring a personalized recipe card to her bridal party, (we guess she’s just as into baking as fellow lifestyle guru Blake Lively), and we’re obsessed with the idea to pass traditions on from one family to the next. Even if you’ve never been able to master your grandma’s masterpiece apple pie, put a signature spin on your favorite DIY dish and be sure to share the secret with your bride-to-be. (via Brit + Co)
8. Custom Napkins: Every bridal party guest has to know… how WILL they be tagging all their food pics and group selfies? LC came up with the most clever ‘tag, #TellMeYouLoveMe, a play on the name of her soon-to-be husb, William Tell, which was printed on cocktail napkins along with the phrase, “Almost Mrs Tell.” Create your own statement linens using your own wedding hashtag, prints or patterns with our tutorial. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite element of LC’s bridal shower? Are you swooning over that color scheme or wishing you were dropped into a flowery wonderland? Tell us which party projects you find most inspiring in the comments below.