8 Ideas You Can Totally Steal from Lauren Conrad’s Bridal Shower
Lauren Conrad’s wedding has to be around the corner, you guys. While the rest of us were holding onto the last days of summer, the former reality star spent the Labor Day weekend celebrating her future nuptials at her bridal shower. Surrounded by her family and friends at her Laguna Beach home, Lauren donned a lacy LWD to the fête full of girly-girl flourishes, from the pink pastel color scheme to floral everything. And unsurprisingly, her as-seen-on-Instagram bridal bash was chock-full of DIY inspiration. Scroll through to snoop the pretty projects, including napkins printed with a so-cute custom wedding hashtag, all of which you can make for your own showers or end-of-summer celebrations.
1. Paper Flower Photo Booth Backdrop: Paper Flower Photo Booth Backdrop: The award for most popular piece at the party goes to the gorge paper flower backdrop that LC + gals posed in front of all day long. Create your own stunning photo booth display with our tutorial, then tie the entire room together with extra DIY floral garlands and freshly arranged centerpieces (it’s easier to do than you think!). (via Brit + Co)
2. Dress the Part: You’re going to need an outfit to match a party this pretty, and LC’s got you covered with her line of wear-again bridesmaid dresses. Released in six romantic shades and 12 flattering silhouettes, the frocks are meant to be recycled at an event with this much flirty flair. (via Brit + Co)
3. Signature Cocktails: Sip on something extra sweet like the golden cocktails Lauren + co raised at her bridal shower. Just like the other major elements of the bash, let the drink reflect your personality: Stick with a traditional champagne cocktail, keep it classy with martinis served straight up or punch it up with a colorful daiquiri. (via Brit + Co)
4. Glittery Drink Stirrers: Every stellar hostess knows that there’s more to a memorable cocktail than just the taste (and the kick!). To make each drink toast-worthy, trick out your glasses with festive drink stirrers, patterned straws or sugared rims. (via Brit + Co)
5. Mix + Match Plates: No table is complete without a wow-worthy setting, like Lo’s mix-and-match garden party plates. As you can see, custom chargers can enhance the theme like nothing else, adding flair to the table before guests take their seats and after they excuse themselves to get up and mingle. (via Brit + Co)
6. Accent Color Decor: Even though most of LC’s bridal party colors are shades of punchy pink, gold accents dot the decor, from glittery drink stirrers to gilded-rimmed plates to the standout golden utensils. If you can’t splurge on the metallic set, gold dip your silverware using our tutorial! (via Brit + Co)
7. Personalized Favors for the Bride: Lo requested that each of her guests bring a personalized recipe card to her bridal party, (we guess she’s just as into baking as fellow lifestyle guru Blake Lively), and we’re obsessed with the idea to pass traditions on from one family to the next. Even if you’ve never been able to master your grandma’s masterpiece apple pie, put a signature spin on your favorite DIY dish and be sure to share the secret with your bride-to-be. (via Brit + Co)
8. Custom Napkins: Every bridal party guest has to know… how WILL they be tagging all their food pics and group selfies? LC came up with the most clever ‘tag, #TellMeYouLoveMe, a play on the name of her soon-to-be husb, William Tell, which was printed on cocktail napkins along with the phrase, “Almost Mrs Tell.” Create your own statement linens using your own wedding hashtag, prints or patterns with our tutorial. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite element of LC’s bridal shower? Are you swooning over that color scheme or wishing you were dropped into a flowery wonderland? Tell us which party projects you find most inspiring in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.