The Oscars are a time for high fashion and glamour, but take away this year’s attendees’ stunning gowns and you’re left with hairdos you could totally pull off as you rush out the door tomorrow morning. We’re loving these toned-down beauty looks that really help the dresses shine… especially because they’re actually something we could totally rock in our day-to-day lives, without spending a year’s worth of rent! But just because they’re easy (no salon required!) and understated doesn’t mean they won’t take your OOTD to the next level.
1. Brie Larson: Put a clip on it! Brie did a nifty half-up braid weaved around a very bridal-inspired clip to complement her stunning cobalt gown. To pull off the look, grab a blingy pin from your costume jewelry stash and use it to secure the top part of the hair. Bonus points if you’ve got the skills to work a braid around your pin! (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
2. Priyanka Chopra: You wouldn’t want to outshine this white embellished number, so finishing it off with a simple pony was the way to go for Priyanka. Give the crown of your hair a bit of a tease and secure at the nape of your neck for a simple but oh-so-sweet touch. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Alicia Vikander: We’re totally stealing this look! A slightly messy half topknot with a middle part leads the way to subtly beach-y hair for Alicia. The look is so playful it works on your beach vacation — or as the ‘do for your “I dos.” (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Saoirse Ronan: She might be a youngin, but Saoirse knows how to work it. Wearing an emerald green dress in honor of her Irish heritage, she topped the sequin stunner with some seriously messy (in a good way) bed head. Our favorite way to get this look is to put slightly damp hair into a wrap-around bun before bed, and unwind in the AM as you jet out the door. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Sofia Vergara: With a nod to Snooki’s signature style, Sofia paired a bump at the crown which was gathered at the neck in a pony and cascaded the rest of the way down with beautiful curls. The look might appear sophisticated, but it can be pulled off in a few minutes (hellooooo backcombing). (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Reese Witherspoon: A smooth and sleek look is how Reese finished off her strapless number. Her hair is so simple it almost looks like she did her blowout herself, and we love her even more for going easy breezy. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Isla Fisher: A side part with a little side-pony action and loose bangs pulled out to frame the face is totally working for Isla. To try this at home, just be sure to add some texture to your hair with a curling iron (or leave your natural waves) to give it a little more visual interest. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Which lazy-girl hair look will you rock this week? Share with us on Twitter @britandco .