Learn a New Language by Chatting With a Bot + 4 More Rad Apps!
CHEERS TO YOU! YOU MADE IT THROUGH ANOTHER WEEK! As the weeks get colder, it seems like they also get longer. So now’s your time to celebrate. There are always lots of different ways to spend your two days off. For the tech-ier among you, we’ve got (as always) your list of the five best apps you should DL to your phone right now. Spend your weekend learning a new language, trying on some virtual makeup or directing an art film. You’ve got until Monday to play with these new apps.
1. Duolingo: Duolingo just released a new update that will make learning a language easier than ever before. Yes, learning vocab and grammar is important, but most of us want to know how to actually speak a language. The app’s new AI bots simulate conversation so it’s almost like you’re talking to a real person.
2. Looks: Imagine if there were Snapchat filters to try out makeup, and you kind of have an idea as to how this new app works. Focus on your face, select which products you’d like to “try out” and see how they look in real time.
3. Charmer: See what your friends really think of you in just three words. This new app lets you select three words to describe all your friends. As each friend selects words about you, your “word map” profile will grow. It’s almost like a personality quiz, but curated for you by your pals.
4. Dramatic Ellipsis: We love hyper-dramatic texts. This new iMessage add-on will bring all of your mundane texts to comic book action in a second. Now you can slide into an inbox with a KA-POW!
5. Prisma: You’ve definitely seen some Prisma “artsy” profile pictures popping up on Facebook recently, right? Well, the app just issued a new update that will let you add the cool effects to any video you shoot. So now you can turn your home movies into a work of art.
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.