As the seasons shift from summer to fall, it can be hard to plan cute outfits that can transition from sunny weather to cooler nights. The season may not be right for heavy sweatshirts and jackets just yet, but here’s something that’s just right: long-sleeved dresses that look gorgeous over tights or on their own. Pair any of these long-sleeved dresses with your favorite pair of boots on a warmer day, or pull them over leggings for an effortlessly cool look that won’t leave you shivering. So easy, right? No matter how you decide to style them, these 15 dresses are the perfect start-of-fall fit.
1. H&M Short Dress in Mustard Yellow ($25): This sweet and airy shift looks youthful yet sophisticated when paired with those edgy black booties. The pleat in front adds another subtly feminine touch.
2. Madewell Long-Sleeved Tunic Dress ($138): A light tunic with a colorful collar is just what you need for a warm autumn day. The lovely green color lends a little more weight to this breezy shirtdress.
3. Otis & Maclain Houndstooth Skater Dress ($150): The cut of this dress takes us right back to the ’50s thanks to a gorgeously pleated skirt that flairs out from the waist. But the short length and edgy pattern make this look anything but old-fashioned, especially when paired with cutout heels.
4. Fernandina Sweater Dress ($48): Instead of donning the classic uniform of sweater and jeans, why not shift your look with this classy sweater dress? If it’s possible, the pattern makes us even bigger suckers for bold, bright florals.
5. Kitten Heel Wrap Dress ($158): Bare a little leg and pair this silky shift with your best set of kitten heels. After all, there’s no reason to NOT take a cue from this cute shoe print IRL!
6. A-Line Scupa Floral Dress ($85): A lightweight and vibrant floral dress is a perfect pick for any season. And the easy-to-wash fabric means you’ll have no problem wearing this expensive-looking frock as much as you want (AKA all year long!).
7. Windowpane Print Shift Dress ($20): We’d stuff this light shift dress into our bags in a heartbeat, thanks to its vibrant patterning and sweet belted waist. It’s also the perfect outfit to transition from work to that last weekend at the beach.
8. Long Sleeve Slit Front Maxi ($42): Who says maxi dresses can’t translate into fall? A soft fabric, dark color and long-sleeved cut proves the haters wrong with a look that’s the perfect amount of sexy and sweet.
9. Contrast Textured Panel Dress ($140): We can’t stop (won’t stop) our obsession with color blocking, even as the season calls for less bright whites and darker, more subtle hues. This contrasting grey and black dress only makes our love for the trend stronger.
10. Arrogant Cat Long-Sleeved Shift ($51): No, we’re not crazy cat ladies, but we are crazy about this super cute dress. The little pawprint and whisker motif is adorably chic (okay, we’re kiiiind of cat ladies ;)
11. Anthropologie Eaves Dress ($128): This isn’t your typical little red dress. But while this number is quite professional looking, it still gets a little sexiness thanks to that gorgeous lipstick hue. Pair with dark booties to transition from work to a night out with the girls.
13. Anthropologie Poppy Field Dress ($228): So much is going on with this dress and we love it all. From the bright coral hue to that gorgeous black and white floral print, this is a perfect dress for fall, spring or any season.
14. Zara Straight Dress ($80): Struggling to find an easy and effortless outfit to put on in the morning without looking like you just rolled out of bed? Pull on this bright red shift dress with tulip-hem sleeves for a quick polished look.
15. Gemma Chevron Wrap Dress ($83): That’s a wrap! This funky stripped shift blends a classic shape with cool modern pattern. We think this best-of-both-worlds design will be a big hit whether you wear it to work or take it out on the town.
Which of these long-sleeved frocks are you dying to wear this season? Did we miss any bold prints and patterns you would snatch up? Tell us below!