Put away your short shorts and tanks and pull those sweaters and pants to the front of your closet. Not only does this mean the PSL is back, but the cooler weather also calls for a trip to the mall to shop for a new fall coat. Whether you’re on the hunt for a jacket for a night on the town or picking pumpkins at the patch, we’ve got one (or two or three) just for you.
1. ASOS Skater Coat ($101): Peplum AND a peter pan collar? It doesn’t get any cuter.
2. Free People Hi Flyer Coat ($449): Take a walk on the wild side with a patchwork cargo jacket.
3. Tasi Malibu Embroidered Jena Coat ($220): Don’t you just want to ride a horse when you see this jacket?
4. Circus by Sam Edelman Color Block Leather Jacket ($64): We didn’t think a color block leather jacket could be a thing, but this Sam Edelman coat totally proves us wrong.
5. Love Moschino Floral Trench Coat ($474): Just because it’s white and floral doesn’t mean this spring fling can’t be taken into fall.
6. Warehouse Duster Coat ($116): Wear this lightweight yellow number for a brisk walk in the park.
7. Banana Republic Leather Moto Jacket ($425): Say hello to the classiest leather jacket ever. EVER!
8. H&M Baseball Jacket ($60): Baseball season’s almost over, but this two-toned varsity stunner is just warming up.
9. Old Navy Hooded Denim Jacket ($40): This jacket combines two of our favorite things — a denim jacket and a sweatshirt. Totes comfy-cute.
10. Banana Republic Quilted Field Jacket ($150): See? Quilted jackets aren’t just for the (less enjoyable) winter months.
11. Old Navy Tweed Jacket ($40): Channel your inner Blair Waldorf and rock this ultra-affordable tweed jacket.
12. Banana Republic Striped Lady Coat ($175): Forget summer sailing. Pair this jacket with dark wash jeans and boots for autumn.
13. See U Soon Zip Detail Coat ($87): This wool number will keep you nice and toasty on the *extra* cool days.
14. Banana Republic Moto Sweater Jacket ($90): You know that “do I wear a jacket or not” weather? Enter: the sweater jacket.
15. Caslon Waxed Cotton Camo Jacket ($64): This is one camo item that WILL stand out.
16. Palash Bomber Jacket ($158): Take this fun floral jacket for a spin on your next night out.
17. Free People Peplum Jacket ($168): Stripes and peplum? Yes and yes.
18. Frontier Chambray Anorak ($138): This is the epitome of the perfect fall jacket. When paired with your favorite scarf and a striped tee, it’s a major score.
19. Anthropologie Cinched Knit Anorak ($98): Add a pop of color to your classic neutral outfit with this wine-colored knit anorak.
20. Anthropologie Jeweled Anorak ($198): Yes, this cargo jacket has rhinestones. Just let that soak in for a minute.
21. J.Crew Classic Duffle Coat ($298): Toggles take this jacket from drab to fab.
22. J.Crew Pinstripe Bomber ($198) Add a pinch of pinstripes to your wardrobe with this preppy bomber.
23. Biker Jacket ($129): Kick that old black leather jacket to the curb and snag this off-white beauty.
24. Short Trench Coat ($129): How can we round up 35 jackets and NOT include a classic trench? Everyone needs one. It’s a must.
25. Short Buttoned Coat($189): This buttoned coat gets an A+ from us.
26. Hooded Parka ($129): Check. Mate. This hooded parka just won us over.
27. H&M Duffle Jacket ($60): There’s nothing wrong with a simple black duffle jacket.
28. H&M Short Jacket ($50): Casual Friday just got *way* cuter. Sport this tailored number with dark denim and a blush tee.
29. Floral Bomber Jacket ($30): Strut your stuff in an off-white floral jacket for a casual autumn day.
30. Hooded Utility Jacket ($33): ¾ -length-sleeve jackets might not be the most practical thing in the world, but for those not-so-hot, no-so-cold days, this one’s a goodie.
31. Varsity Jacket ($40): Ditch your high school varsity jacket and upgrade to this edgy coat.
32. Essential Hooded Jacket ($35): This hooded number is what we’ll be living in this fall — from football games to pumpkin picking.
33. Forever 21 Moto Jacket ($23): A moto jacket for just $23? Forever 21, you just blue our minds ;)
34. ZARA Zipped Jacket ($149): We’re loving the cobalt color of this zipped jacket. Pair with a lightweight tee for fall or a cashmere scarf for winter.
35. GAP Quilted Knit Bomber ($70): As you can tell, bombers are the thing for fall, and this quilted one can walk its way into our wardrobes, um, yesterday.
What’s your favorite jacket to wear for fall? Tell us in the comments below!