You Won’t Believe These Recipes Are Under 450 Calories
Sure, we always try to eat healthy, but with winter blues, the end of resolution season, and a long stretch until bikini time, it’s nice to have a little reminder — and a helpful round of recipes — to kick your cooking into gear. Forget juice cleanses and crash diets: These recipes, all under 450 calories, don’t sacrifice flavor, substance, or your favorite foods. You won’t believe just how tasty, low-cal versions of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert can be.
3. Twice Baked Potato Egg Boat: At just 394 calories (if you use one slice of bacon as opposed to two), this egg boat is loaded with deliciousness.
2. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins: Make a batch of our chocolatey muffins and enjoy them all week long. They’re so good, we promise you won’t even notice there are veggies inside. Bonus: At 150 calories each, you can treat yourself to more than one.
3. Protein Pancakes: When you think “healthy,” a tall stack of pancakes doesn’t normally come to mind. But a few of these diet-friendly pancakes will help you meet your daily protein needs with roughly 24 grams per plate.
4. Mermaid Veggie Bowl: Keep it heavy on the veg and tofu and light on the rice and avo to reign in the calorie count. (via Brit + Co)
5. Quinoa Salad: Fix up quinoa with your fave fruit, nuts, and herbs, and dive into a bowl of tastiness. This particular version comes in at 401 calories per serving. (via Brit + Co)
6. Ginger Butternut Squash Soup: All you need is five ingredients to make a bowl of sweet and savory soup that comes in at 110 calories per serving. (via Brit + Co)
7. Whole30 In-N-Out Animal-Style Burger: If you limit the sauce and caramelized onion to 1 teaspoon each, this burger can be yours for just under 450 calories. (via Brit + Co)
8. Creamy Chicken Quinoa Casserole: No need to give up the ultimate comfort food. If you leave out the bacon, this casserole, complete with plenty of cheese and broccoli, is 414 calories per serving. (via Brit + Co)
9. Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad: You can’t go wrong with a plateful of flavorful chicken and filling avo. Add a drizzle of olive oil, and you’ve got taste-bud magic for well within your calorie limit. (via Brit + Co)
10. Gluten-Free Mug Cake: It’s a sweet finish, and the base for this single-serving mug cake is only 395 calories. (The lemon chia version is only 19 calories more, and is a zesty way to curb your sweet tooth.) (via Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow: Quick Fix Recipes for Hangry Athletes; photo via Alan Weiner)
Got more recipe tricks and tips for turning your favorite eats into low-cal treats? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo.