Want to take your cheese platter to the next level? Add a selection of these 10 DIY crackers to the mix. Using a variety of flours and tasty add-ins, from seeds and nuts to herbs and spices, these homemade crackers totally stand out. Plus, they taste a whole lot better than those store-bought kinds. Of course, it doesn’t just stop at cheese — each pairs just as well with hummus and other dips, and are delicious nibbled on solo. Take out those rolling pins and let’s get crackin’.
2. Happy Crackers: Packed with seeds, whole grains and a whole lot of goodness, these happy crackers will absolutely put a smile on your face. Enjoy playing around with various flavor combos as you see fit. (via My New Roots)
3. Za’atar Spiced Chickpea Crackers (Gluten-Free): Garbanzo bean flour is put to use to create these wonderful, Middle Eastern-spiced crackers. Looking for more of a blank canvas? Go ahead and omit the za’atar — they’re just as good without it. (via Food52)
5. Spices and Herbs Oat Crackers: We love that this recipe makes it easy to sample all four distinct flavors — turmeric, poppyseed, rosemary and cayenne. It’s up to you to determine which is the favorite of the bunch. (via Notebook of Holistic Health)
8. Wonton Crackers: Nibble on these super easy, two-ingredient crackers with cheese or dip. Not in the mood for cracker fixin’s? Crumble them on top of a salad in place of croutons. (via Cheap Recipe Blog)
9. Olive Oil Crackers With Rosemary and Sea Salt: It’s unbelievably easy and budget-friendly to make these rustic rosemary-scented crackers at home. Mix in whatever herbs you have on hand to keep things interesting. (via Food on Paper)
10. Swedish Crackers: These hearty, crisp rye flour and seed crackers pack a whole lotta flavor (and crunch). They are terrific topped with cheese, or used in place of sliced bread for an open-faced sandwich. (via To Her Core)
Have you ever made your own crackers? What is your favorite way to enjoy them? Let’s chat below about snacks, cheese, parties and whatever else floats your boat!