10 Maternity Sundresses for a Stylish Summer
There’s no reason to swelter under a not-so-summery maternity muumuu, and you can forget about those weirdo belly bands and way-too-snug alleged maternity skinny jeans. It’s summertime, so your clothes should flow. Go for light, airy, and completely comfortable sundresses during the warmer months. These sweet selections will fit just right and keep you cool even when the sun is blazing.
1. H&M MAMA Jersey Dress ($30): With pin tucks and ruffles, this soft dress is sweetly summery. The jersey material will feel perfectly cool on your skin through the hot weather. Even though this pick is completely casual, you can dress it up with a cute pair of shoes to wear for an evening out with your honey!
2. Anthropologie Temara Beaded Shift ($198): While it’s not marketed as a maternity dress, this short shift has plenty of room for your growing baby bump. And, bonus, you can still wear this perfect pick well after you’ve given birth. The beading on the collar gives this standout selection that special something you won’t find on a plain-Jane maternity piece.
3. Motherhood Maternity Smocked Maternity Dress ($45): The sunny yellow hue shouts summer, and the cute ruffled straps give this maxi-length dress the added oomph to take it from poolside to a pre-baby night out with the girls.
4. ASOS Design Maternity One-Shoulder Broderie Swing Sundress ($45): The single-shoulder style (with embroidered eyelet pattern) is an adorable addition to your maternity style. Not only will this sweet sundress keep you cool, but it will also get you plenty of compliments.
5. Expected by Lilac Maternity Nursing Halter Maxi Dress ($60): If short styles aren’t your thing, this maxi dress design is ideal. The halter neck provides plenty of coverage, and the skirt will totally grow with you. Not only will your belly bump fit perfectly in the flowy silhouette during your nine months, but you can wear it during your “fourth trimester” too.
6. A Pea in the Pod Embroidery Maternity Dress ($138): Elegant embroidery and a tiered style add to the classic cuteness of this pick. The thin straps are ideal for the sunny summer weather, while the length gives you the coverage you just might need.
7. Loft Maternity Smocked Strapless Maxi Dress ($98): Give your shoulders a break and let them completely loose with this maxi dress. The breezy style is comfortable during the heat of the summer without baring more than you’d like.
8. Hatch The Sylvie Dress ($258): This summery sundress is absolutely adorable. The button front, ribbon-tie straps, and eyelet details all make this a chic pick for a day at the park, pool, or beachside. Not only is it high on style, but it has generous pockets too.
9. H&M MAMA Long Jersey Dress ($30): Its tropical print and super-thin spaghetti-style straps give this maxi dress a summery flow. With room to grow, this warm-weather choice will keep you cool through the entire season.
10. Everly Grey Birgit Maternity/Nursing Dress ($78): This fab flowing summertime dress is light and comfortable, and it comes with plenty of space for your blooming belly.
Tweet us your go-to summer maternity style @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.