Warning: Bachelorette spoilers lead this morning’s top news stories! If you’re ready, check out that and more below in the Tuesday Morning Buzz!
1. Rachel Lindsay picked Bryan Abasolo in the Bachelorette finale, and after we finally got to see their engagement on the show’s finale, Abasolo took to Instagram to get out what seems like MONTHS of excitement over his bride-to-be. “Rachel, my love, my rock!! It’s felt like forever, but the wait is finally over!!!” he captioned an image of their proposal set to Brian McKnight’s “Back to One.” “No longer do I have to hide the fact that you are and always have been the one for me! No longer do I have to keep secret how in love w[ith] you I truly am from the rest of the world!” Abasolo went on to call their engagement the greatest moment of his life, and promised to cherish her forever. These two actually seem so in love, and we’re happy for them. Congrats!
2. Bachelor in Paradise has released the first footage of Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. After pulling the new season’s first promo in the face of backlash, BIP aired a new promo during last night’s Bachelorette finale — one that includes the first look at Olympios and Jackson in the lead-up to the controversy that temporarily halted production on the show. The trailer begins with Olympios and Jackson getting into the pool. As other contestants watch and laugh, the mood quickly takes a turn as the video cuts to a producer telling the cameras to shut it down and stop filming. Afterward, you see the shocked and confused mood on set following the incident, including the concern some contestants had for Olympios and Jackson. BIP premieres Monday, August 14, at 8pm. (h/t ET; photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. The MTV VMAs have revealed their first round of performers. This year’s VMAs are just a few short weeks away, and now that all our bets are placed on which nominees will be taking home Moon Person trophies, we’re ready to settle in and watch it all go down. Expect to see performances from host Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Fifth Harmony, Lorde, The Weeknd, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and Shawn Mendes — who’s looking adorbs in his moon suit above. The VMAs take place on August 27. (h/t Variety)
4. The trailer for Jennifer Lawrence’s new movie mother! is here and it is creepy AF. The psychological thriller follows Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem in their seemingly peaceful life at home, when some unexpected guests — including Michelle Pfeiffer! —show up and make things just a little tense, to say the least. The score alone makes this one SUPER creepy. The official Twitter account for mother! claims it’s not for the faint of heart — and we’d have to agree. (h/t Deadline)
5. People cannot even handle this candle that smells like NYC. Ah yes, the refreshing fragrance of New York City can now fill the confines of your cozy home thanks to Diptyque’s new NYC candle, which they say “captures the scent of the city that never sleeps.” Twitter had a lot of ideas about what that might *actually* smell like, including “hot trash and sewer rat,” “beef and cheese,” and even “despair.” LOL. We’ll reserve judgement until we actually smell the thing (as it’s coming from Diptyque, we’re sure it’s lovely), but in the meantime we’re gonna have to agree with Twitter user @ChicReese: “There are zero parts of this city that have a scent I would want to carry into my home.” (h/t Twitter Moments)
6. Quote of the day: “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” An anonymous quote reminding us about the importance of perseverance.
(Featured photo via Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)