Morning Buzz: Mischa Barton Has Been Hospitalized for Mental Evaluation + More
A disturbance at Mischa Barton’s home resulting in hospitalization leads this morning’s top news stories. Check that and more out below.
1. Mischa Barton has been hospitalized following police response to calls of a disturbance coming from her home. According to TMZ, sources close to Mischa say she was hanging over the fence at her West Hollywood apartment and “rambling about her mom being a witch, the world shattering and Ziggy Stardust.” Mischa reportedly went willingly with the response team for the hospital. Sending good thoughts your way, Mischa. (Image via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
2. Taylor Swift and Zayn have released the full “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” video and it’s ever bit as hot as promised. The two singers appear mostly opposite of each other as they live out a clearly passionate relationship, and it’s a good thing, because any more combined on-screen time would be TOO SEXY. Check it out above and see what we mean.
3. This is amazing: Marvel has unveiled a Beyoncé-inspired queer Latinx superhero. Her name is America Chavez, she can travel through dimensions, and she’s just the superhero we need RN. The artist, Joe Quinones, was hugely inspired by Bey’s “Formation” video, and we have a feeling Bey will be super into this homage. This new edition in the America series hits the shelves in March.
4. Ivanka Trump’s son crawled for the first time in the White House this week, and the video Ivanka posted is too cute for words. “There were so many incredible milestones this weekend,” she wrote. “Including one for baby Theodore, who crawled for the very first time in the White House!” Talk about big ambitions! The little tyke’s big sis, Arabella, can be heard offering up words of encouragement, to boot — so very, very sweet.
5. Tostitos made a breathalyzer chip bag so you won’t drive drunk after Super Bowl and people are LOSING IT. The “Party Safe” bag has an alcohol sensor that detects if you’ve had any alcohol at all — the plain black bag lights up with a red steering wheel and a message that reads “Don’t drink and drive” if it detects any alcohol whatsoever in your system. Unfortch, they’re part of a marketing campaign, so they aren’t actually being sold in stores, but that didn’t stop people from getting in some good Twitter roasts, like the Lawrence, KS police department, seen above. Tostitos and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) will, however, give you $10 off Uber rides on Super Bowl Sunday if you buy a bag of Tostitos, so, thumbs up to that!
6. Quote of the day: “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure.” Wise words from Winston Churchill.
Do you have any big weekend plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)