Motivational Monday: Start a Creative Habit With Photography Classes
Well, folks, the results are in. The #1 New Year’s resolution is to get healthier in 2017. And while we’re totally down with that, because it’s important to take care of yourself, why limit yourself to just one goal? Open yourself up to some creativity, and you will totally conquer life this year. We want to help you achieve your goals, which is why we’re offering 20 percent off all of our photography classes! Whether you want to take better pics with your phone, snap better shots for Instagram or learn how to take portraits, we’ve got you covered.
1. Photo Styling Online Class: In this class, Meredith Staggers will teach you how to set up the popular flat lay shot, use various filters and settings from different editing apps and take on-brand pics wherever you are. After you’re done with this class, your object arranging skills will be on point and so will your Instagram account — you might even get to collaborate with other brands once they see your photos.
2. Intro to Travel Photography Online Class: In this class, photographer Marianna Jamadi of Nomadic Habit will teach you how to use a DSLR camera to shoot in different landscapes, touch up your photos afterward with Lightroom and VSCO and determine what equipment you should bring (and how to pack it). After you’re done, you’ll have the skills to take stunning travel photos for your blog or Instagram account. (Can we stow away in your suitcase?)
3. Portrait Photography Online Class: In this class, photo guru Sarah Deragon will teach you how to get the best lighting and adjust your camera settings, pose your subjects and edit your photos in Lightroom. You’ll learn how to get people’s “best sides” on film, and your friends and family will love seeing their personalities shine through in the photos. Who knows? Maybe you’ll end up doing wedding photography. Or you could bundle up Intro to Travel Photography with this class and take photos of the people you meet on your travels. ;)
4. Get Started on Instagram Online Class: Irene Kim Shepherd, in-house photographer at Chronicle Books, is here to teach you how to optimize your Instagram profile to get the most out of the platform. You’ll learn which info to add to your profile to make it stand out, how to edit photos on different apps and how to use tagging properly. When you’re done, sit back and watch the likes roll in.
5. Phone Photography Basics Online Class: Helene Sula, Dallas’s top blogger for two years in a row and #girlboss behind Blog Boss Babe, is here to teach you how to get the most out of your phone’s camera. You’ll learn styling tips to snap pics wherever you are and still get extraordinary pics, and how to set up the flat lay shot that Insta loves. Your likes and followers are almost guaranteed to blow up!
Oh, and in case you’re new to our online classes, once you buy a class it’s yours forever! No take-backsies, promise :)
Show us your work on Instagram by tagging @BritandCo and using the hashtag #iamcreative.