14 Multi-Braids to Rock at Every Spring Event
As we’re gearing up for a season filled with *tons* of travel, festivals and showers galore (of the baby and bridal variety), we are all about switching up our springtime tresses. Whether you’re looking to cool off with a pixie cut look or just wanna have some fun with an easy festival hairstyle, the last thing you want is a same-old, same-old style. Enter the multi-braid. These styles prove that two (or twenty) braids are always better than one, and will inspire a fresh crop of go-to ‘dos. Scroll through these 14 multi-braid hairstyles to find the perfect look for all your springtime events.
1. Braided Bun: Beat the heat with this flawless braided bun hairstyle. This look is perfect for naturally curly-haired girls looking to have some fun in the summer sun, without worrying about pesky flyaways.
2. Side Braids: Add some edge to your relaxed style a la Kendall Jenner with these fierce side braids. The faux shaved-side look is a fun twist on your typical cornrows, giving your ensemble a rocker-chic appeal.
3. Cowlick Braids: Perfection is overrated. Embrace your cowlick with a set of pigtail braids for a look that’ll slay at all the summer festivals on your calendar.
View this post on Instagram
COLOUR by @alix_maya BRAID by @shmeggsandbaconn MODEL @little_ninjalicia #unicorntribe DREAM OUT LOUD WITH NO APOLOGIES! #unicorntribe #taotam to be featured! #vividhair #unicornhair #unicorns #unicornswag #colorist #buzzfeed #allure #instyle #elle #marieclaire #haircolor #unicornhair #unicornhairdontcare #americansalon #modernsalon #behindthechair #balayage #opalhair #galaxyhair #mylittleponyhair #rainbow #rainbowhair #pastel #pastelhair #licorne #mermaidhair
A post shared by Alix Maya (@alix_maya) on
4. Double Fishtail: Capture the essence of spring with this soft boho fishtail ‘do. The messy style will give you an effortless aura, and fresh flowers scattered throughout are the cherry on top.
5. Triple Lace Braid Ponytail: For a fresh-feeling look that can transition from a picnic in the park to your best friend’s baby shower, sport teased locks with a triple lace ponytail.
6. Bubble Braid: If you’re on the fence about rocking a pastel mane, this rose-colored braid is sure to push you over the edge. The intricate ‘do — a mix of fishtail braids and a bubble pony — is great for the springtime jet-setter looking to travel with the perfect messy style.
View this post on Instagram
¡Buenos días! Sigo conn las fotos del moño trenzado que me tienen 😍 #ubehairstyle #bun #braidedbun #moño #moñotrenzado #hairstyle #recogidoscontrenzas #moñotrenzadoube #blonde #annaviñas #lunademarte #lalovenenoso #skpprospain #schwarzkopfpro
A post shared by Viviana (@ubehairstyle) on
7. Multi-Upside Down Braids: Kick your topnot up a notch with this upside-down multi-braid style. The look adds a cool-girl flair to a classic ballerina ‘do, not to mention some extra dimension.
8. Fishtail Braids 2.0: This fishtail crown is fit for a fairytale princess. Saunter into your bestie’s springtime wedding with this ‘do and you’ll win best-dressed guest.
9. Boho Braids: This style screams second-day hair. Give your dirty festival ‘do an extra pop of boho glam with a trio of messy braids topped off with a low-placed fishtail.
10. Fishtail Updo: Calling all long-locked gals! This voluminous style is a glorious hybrid between a low ponytail and an elegant chignon, for a look that’s fancy enough for a formal affair.
11. Half Boxer Braids: Okay, so you’ve already mastered the boxer braid. What’s next? Add a relaxed spin on typical boxers with these loose ‘n’ lazy half-done braids.
12. Chunky Fishtail: Shopping for an Instagram-worthy bridesmaid ‘do? Wow the crowd and show off your romantic side with this multi-fishtail hairstyle.
13. Box Braids: Bring on the beachy vibes. Capture the essence of summer with these gorgeous and heat-protecting box braids. Switch ’em up with a trendy half-top knot, or twist them into plaits for a super meta take on multi-braids.
14. Half Cornrows: As if having pastel hair wasn’t cool enough. Give your locks a fresh and festival-ready feel with these cool Dutch cornrows parted on the side.
Which multi-braids will you be rocking this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.