13 Beauty Products With a Surprise Ingredient… Mushrooms!
Are mushrooms the next miracle skin treatment? According to several reports and studies, this superfood is actually not only beneficial for your health, but also your beauty routine. Packed full of vitamins and rich in antioxidants, mushrooms are becoming an increasingly popular ingredient in many skincare products, and with good reason. Hungry to try these products yet? Here are 13 mushroom-infused beauty commodities for you to try.
1. La Bella Figura Gentle Enzyme Cleanser ($40): This gentle cleanser contains both reishi and shiitake mushroom extracts, which are rich in antioxidants and vitamin D. The ladies behind La Bella Figura are known for choosing high-quality ingredients, so you know that the inclusion of these mushroom extracts was chosen quite purposefully.
2. Osmia Organics Luz Facial Brightening Serum ($75): Along with a host of other sublime ingredients, this serum contains shiitake mushroom extract, which leaves your skin looking bright and luminous.
3. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask ($38): This mask from Origins is all about calming any irritation or redness your skin might be experiencing, which is why the addition of reishi mushroom is so important. Reishi has been well-documented for its anti-inflammatory properties, which calms angry skin and leaves you looking your best.
4. Four Sigma Foods Instant Reishi Herbal Mushroom Tea ($35): If you’re a big tea drinker, you’re in luck! You can also gain all the benefits of this superfood by drinking reishi tea. The supplement not only provides you with multiple skincare benefits, but will also give your body a much-needed immunity boost. Certainly a great thing to have with flu season just around the corner!
5. Aveeno Daily Exfoliating Cleanser ($7): This formula uses Aveeno’s Active Naturals® Natural Shiitake Complex, which has been shown to improve the appearance of your skin and fight signs of aging.
6. One Love Organics Vitamin D Moisture Mist ($39): Part lightweight moisturizer and part toner, this dreamy all-natural product uses shiitake mushroom as a natural source of vitamin D to tone and balance your skin.
and your mind. In this case, reishi supports your immune system, which will beautify your body from the inside out.
8. Snowberry Bright Defense Day Cream No. 1 ($60): This day cream is perfect for those looking for a hydrating option to brighten up dull skin. Mushroom extract hydrates and illuminates your skin, along with bringing anti-bacterial properties to help prevent acne.
9. Root Science RS Reborn Organic Face Mask ($50): This aptly named face mask will help give your skin a serious reboot. The powder formula contains chaga mushroom, which works as an anti-inflammatory to help soothe irritated skin.
10. CV Skinlabs Body Repair Lotion ($36): Here’s another formula ideal for irritated skin in need of soothing. The addition of the wound-healing and anti-inflammatory reishi is perfect for achieving just that.
11. Tela Beauty Organics Encore Styling Creme ($32): The benefits of mushrooms don’t stop with skincare! They extend to your mane maintenance as well. Reishi mushroom is used in the formula of this styling cream to provide your hair with natural sun protection and prevent color fading.
12. Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield ($65): This primer, treatment and SPF is a great all-in-one product for any skincare routine. The formula treats fine lines and creates a smoother texture to help prime your skin for makeup.
13. Kat Burki Form Control Marine Collagen Gel ($150): This collagen gel is a skincare superstar that can be used both day and night to increase your skin’s collagen production. The addition of reishi mushroom is perfect for helping boost collagen as well as providing hydration and anti-inflammatory TLC to your face.