The Makeunder Beauty Trend You Need to Try Right Now
If there’s one feature than can totally change your beauty game, it’s your eyebrows. They are a quintessential element that can take your face from boring to va-va voom in no time flat. But what if we told you that a major trend has us giving our brows a makeunder instead of a makeover? This season, full natural eyebrows are taking over Instagram, and babes everywhere are letting ’em go wild. Leave the tweezers at the door, because this au naturale look gives no plucks at all. Need inspiration for your own set of arches? See how these 10 Instababes‘ natural eyebrows shaped out below.
1. Rounded Out: These spiky, round eyebrows will add a sophisticated touch to any outfit — especially cozy bathrobes. All you need is a bit of highlighter to warm up your tone and a peach lip to achieve the less-is-more look. (via @amalie_gassmann)
2. Sky-High Arch: Jade’s look here is proof that the natural brow trend is perfect for achieving a girl-next-door vibe. Those sculpted high-arched brows add a touch of sass to her all-denim look and side-parted tresses. (via @__lipstickncurlss__)
3. Freshly Clean: We’re in love with Jenny’s wispy, natural arches. Add a dainty cat eye for good measure, and you’ll be out the door in five minutes flat. (via @margoandme)
4. Wild Thing: Lush, un-plucked eyebrows are the way to go, especially when they look this good. To take the look even further, go for a pink-stained lip and pin-straight locks. (via @jovanarikalo)
5. Naturally Sultry: Whether you’re staying at home or going out on the town, Kate’s overall beauty look is a must-copy. Her baby brows, glossy red lips and rosy cheeks complement each other so well, it’s no wonder she decided to take a selfie. (via @kate.lavie)
6. Baby Arch: Noelle looks très boho chic sporting fire engine red lips and subtly rounded arches. With tousled curls and a fierce cat eye, this beauty combo is a true 10/10 for spring. (via @noelledowning)
7. Sun-Kissed: Natural brows pair so well with a sweet pink lippy. Add a bit of mascara to your lashes and highlighter to the bridge of your nose for the perfect daytime look. (via @blank_itinerary)
8. Bold and Natural: Nothing says bold + beautiful like Andy’s thick brows, luscious straight locks and red mani. Add a wide-brim hat and a black blazer to keep warm and stylish while you run errands. (via @stylescrapbook)
9. Fresh Face Brows: Tess doesn’t need any makeup when her eyebrow game is this strong. She’s looking fabulous with a pointy-af arch and perfectly curled locks with amber highlights. (via @tessholliday)
10. Straight Edge: Nikia’s eyebrows are on fleek, even while she’s getting her workout on. Keep this athletic look simple with a pink lip, and add a headband to help keep those bangs in place. (via @madmavenstyle)
How do you style your natural brows? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.