5 Big-Time Netflix Collaborations to Add to Your Queue
We’re so glad House of Cards is back, and if it isn’t totally apparent after watching Tina Fey’s Netflix Original Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, the streaming service knows what it’s doing in the way of collaborations. But there might be a couple of things Netflix has brewing that you don’t know about. And lest you be left in the dark while everyone else is basking in the glow of their televisions, once you’re finished watching Frances and Claire make epic power plays (what?! you haven’t finished season three yet?!), see what else Netflix is up to in the way of collaborations.
1. Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentaries: We’re trying to contain our excitement over this news, but we can’t help but let out a squeal. DiCaprio and his production company, Appian Ways, signed on for non-fiction projects with Netflix over the next few years. Netflix has been looking to create documentaries with focus on environmental themes. And considering DiCaprio worked with Netflix late last year on Oscar-winning Virunga, it only seems natural that he would continue working with them on more environmentally themed documentaries. (h/t Business Insider, Photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
2. Marvel Netflix Series: Tired of waiting for The Avengers: Age of Ultron? We are too. But what’s a better way to pass the time than to watch more Marvel? Even if you haven’t followed Marvel’s stories too closely, the series is trying to target both hardcore Marvel fans and those who don’t know who Iron Man is. Marvel’s Netflix series will be released on April 10. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
3. Prime Entertainment Group: Soon we’ll be able to stream the globally popular documentary, Hollywood’s Best Film Directors on Prime Entertainment Group. PEG has worked with Netflix before, but partnering this time gives them both further exposure, worldwide. Last September, Prime Entertainment Group shared that they want to cover science, human interest, discovery, social and crime issues. So if Netflix wasn’t providing enough in that territory, they are now with this collab. (h/t Onscreen Asia)
4. Roku’s 4K Content: Roku has the widest selection of entertainment to fulfill all your TV and movie streaming dreams. And Roku is planning to provide 4K ultra HD streaming from their platform, but in order to get that super high def experience to their users, Roku partnered up with 4K content pro, Netflix. (h/t IPTV News)
5. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Even though this Netflix collab has already been released, we couldn’t help but include it. If you haven’t heard, Tina Fey’s comedy Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is about a young woman who was living in an underground apocalypse cult and was taken into New York City. Now she is trying to learn to be normal and catch up on everything she feels she missed out on. We’ve watched every episode, and trust us when we say Netflix was spot on when partnering with Fey.
Which collaboration has got you excited? What Netflix collaboration would you want to see next?
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)