These Were the Most-Binged and Rewatched Netflix Shows and Movies in 2018
Netflix has some big things planned for 2019 and beyond — like the rumored To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before sequel, season 3 of Stranger Things, and multiple projects by Shonda Rhimes — but this past year was a gold mine of binge-worthy content, too. If we weren’t marathoning Making a Murderer: Part 2 or The Haunting of Hill House, we were probably rewatching one of the streaming service’s adorable rom-coms. And we weren’t the only ones, according to Netflix’s year-end review, which highlights the movies, shows, and stars we “fell in love” with in 2018.
The Movies We Fell in Love With This Year
Of the many, many Netflix original films released between January 1 and November 28, 2018, these are the three titles that fans rewatched the most. According to the streaming service, nearly 50 percent of viewers enjoyed a second (and maybe even a third or fourth) viewing of the first two movies.
- The Kissing Booth
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Roxanne Roxanne
The Shows We “Fell in Binge” With This Year
As always, there were plenty of great new series on Netflix in 2018. Of those that were released between January 1 and November 28, these 10 had the “highest average watch time per viewing session” — meaning fans just couldn’t stop hitting play on the next episode. (Yes, Netflix, we’re still here. Keep ’em coming.)
- On My Block
- Making a Murderer: Part 2
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2
- Last Chance U: INDY
- Fastest Car
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
The Stars We Fell in Love With This Year
Thanks in part to their performances in some of 2018’s hottest Netflix shows, movies, and specials, these stars earned the biggest boost of new Instagram followers over the course of the year.
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite/La Casa de Papel)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite/La Casa de Papel)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite/La Casa de Papel)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before/Sierra Burgess Is a Loser)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
Which movies, shows, and stars did you watch the most on Netflix in 2018? Tell us @BritandCo.
(photos via Marcos Cruz/Netflix + Netflix)