21 Trendy New Bags to Dress Up Your Spring Outfit
New season, new bag. It’s practically sartorial law (that’s what we tell ourselves, anyway). You might not be able to ditch your winter coat just yet, but a bit of cold weather can’t keep you from getting into the new spring fashion trends. Bags don’t need to be weather-appropriate, so the easiest way to get your spring wardrobe into gear right now is by trading out your go-to winter tote for a stylish new sac. So if you’re looking for a must-have accessory for spring, look no further than these standout bag styles: half-moon silhouettes, bright color, quirky details and even a return to the classic saddle bag. And they’re all available now. Below you’ll find 21 chic and show-stopping styles that will ensure you stay ahead of the fashion curve this spring.
1. Zara Tote With Metallic Straps ($50): Step aside, bucket bags — there’s a new way to tote in 2016, and the half-moon bag is it. Outfitted with a circular handle and a chic shade of burgundy red, this modern sac is one for the books.
2. Topshop Smart Chain Strap Crossbody ($55): Pops of citrus pack more than a serious punch of color in this crossbody sac; they inject major mod vibes into even the most classic of outfits. Amplify the effect with cat eye shades and pointed-toe ankle boots.
3. Moyna Embroidered Jute Clutch With Pom Pom Trim ($129): The next time you fiesta, best bring this embroidered clutch. The bright colors and pom-pom add-ons are the epitome of party-ready. Make it pop by pairing it with a printed frock in one of its many high-octane hues.
4. ASOS Premium Leather Tassel Shoulder Bag ($103): Swingy fringe, pastel tassels and plenty of room to stash all those everyday essentials — this sleek crossbody has it all. Wear it with simple shifts and boyfriend jeans to up your style sass factor in seconds.
5. Madewell Transporter Tote Tassel-Tie Edition ($168): Your favorite tote gets a major makeover for spring in a shade of siren red. Whether you’re jetsetting or simply keepin’ it real, you’ll be turning heads left and right when you walk into the room with this stunner in tow.
6. Everlane Petra Backpack ($330): You don’t have to wait until Memorial Day to bust out a white bag. This luxe backpack has anytime chic written all over it. Pair it with a statement coat and funky booties for a standout look.
7. J.Crew Marlo Crossbody Bag ($98): Forget a pocket full of sunshine — you’ve got a whole bag load. Whip out this cheerful crossbody anytime you need to put a little extra pep in your step (like every Monday).
8. French Connection Cherise Wrapping Detail Tote ($138): Totes are closet workhorses, and they rise to any occasion, but anytime-appropriate style doesn’t have to mean bland or boring. Cool coils meant to mimic woven jewelry give a traditional leather tote a fashion-forward edge.
9. Skinnydip Cactus Cross Body Bag ($54): Every girl needs that one game-changing bag, and this prickly number is perfection. Swap it in for your go-to clutch on your next GNO, or elevate your weekend style by wearing it with shirt dresses and classic tees.
10. Forever21 Faux Leather Bucket Bag ($25): Give your bucket bag a spring-appropriate update with a soft shade of pastel blue. The cool color will give any wintry getup new-season appeal.
11. Rebecca Minkoff Mara Saddle Crossbody Bag ($295): Saddle bags are making a major comeback, but this time around it’s all about sleek hardware and new silhouettes. Pair it with a flowy floral frock to channel some serious Jane Birkin vibes, or give it the athleisure treatment with joggers, a bomber jacket and bright sneakers.
12. Silence + Noise Pop Weave Cardholder ($12): Girl, you’re so in tune with your sartorial side that even your cards and cash look good. Toss this bright woven cardholder into your everyday sac to keep things neat and organized.
13. Nasty Gal Stone Edge Crossbody Bag ($48): This cylindrical stunner will have you rolling out in style every time you throw it on. Pair it with frilly feminine tops for maximum impact, or play into its modern side with leather trousers and an architectural top.
14. Scout & Catalogue La Playa Tote ($54): Vacay, everyday, on the go — this neon mesh bag is about to change the way you tote. Load it up for the beach with your towel, sunscreen and favorite mags, or use it to stash all your must-have in-flight gear.
15. Rebecca Minkoff Isobell Phone Crossbody Bag ($145): Pare down without compromising on style with a funky phone crossbody bag that reads boho-on-the-go. The pint-sized accessory has plenty of space for all your night-out essentials. Killer dance moves not included.
16. Whistles Suede Rivington Chain Clutch ($150): Streamline your date-night ensemble with a no-frills clutch in a bright shade of berry pink. A chainlink strap is so prime when you want to go hands-free.
17. Cartel Thoroughfare Denim Shoulder Bag ($278): Get your denim fix with a fringed-out tote that can hold its own whether you’re heading to the gym or hunkering down at your favorite cafe with your laptop and latest reads.
18. Cambridge Satchel Company Saddle Bag ($170): If globetrotting is on the agenda this season, make sure to take this cute saddlebag along. It’s the perfect size for pounding the pavements and exploring, plus you can easily pack it in a pinch.
19. Kelsi Dagger Rider Tote ($168): Meet your latest accessory obsession — a silvery go-anywhere tote. Take its style factor to the next level with bright scarves or funky furry key rings.
20. Kimchi Blue Estelle Wooden Crossbody Bag ($69): If this petite floral bag doesn’t scream spring, nothing will. This suede style is begging to be paired with ethereal dresses and flirty, feminine tops.
21. Bluma Project San Michele Tote ($178): This artisan-made hobo is the ultimate getaway bag. It’s lightweight and easy to carry, and it can easily fold up, so you can stash it in your suitcase.
How do you tote? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!