21 Trendy New Bags to Dress Up Your Spring Outfit
New season, new bag. It’s practically sartorial law (that’s what we tell ourselves, anyway). You might not be able to ditch your winter coat just yet, but a bit of cold weather can’t keep you from getting into the new spring fashion trends. Bags don’t need to be weather-appropriate, so the easiest way to get your spring wardrobe into gear right now is by trading out your go-to winter tote for a stylish new sac. So if you’re looking for a must-have accessory for spring, look no further than these standout bag styles: half-moon silhouettes, bright color, quirky details and even a return to the classic saddle bag. And they’re all available now. Below you’ll find 21 chic and show-stopping styles that will ensure you stay ahead of the fashion curve this spring.
1. Zara Tote With Metallic Straps ($50): Step aside, bucket bags — there’s a new way to tote in 2016, and the half-moon bag is it. Outfitted with a circular handle and a chic shade of burgundy red, this modern sac is one for the books.
2. Topshop Smart Chain Strap Crossbody ($55): Pops of citrus pack more than a serious punch of color in this crossbody sac; they inject major mod vibes into even the most classic of outfits. Amplify the effect with cat eye shades and pointed-toe ankle boots.
3. Moyna Embroidered Jute Clutch With Pom Pom Trim ($129): The next time you fiesta, best bring this embroidered clutch. The bright colors and pom-pom add-ons are the epitome of party-ready. Make it pop by pairing it with a printed frock in one of its many high-octane hues.
4. ASOS Premium Leather Tassel Shoulder Bag ($103): Swingy fringe, pastel tassels and plenty of room to stash all those everyday essentials — this sleek crossbody has it all. Wear it with simple shifts and boyfriend jeans to up your style sass factor in seconds.
5. Madewell Transporter Tote Tassel-Tie Edition ($168): Your favorite tote gets a major makeover for spring in a shade of siren red. Whether you’re jetsetting or simply keepin’ it real, you’ll be turning heads left and right when you walk into the room with this stunner in tow.
6. Everlane Petra Backpack ($330): You don’t have to wait until Memorial Day to bust out a white bag. This luxe backpack has anytime chic written all over it. Pair it with a statement coat and funky booties for a standout look.
7. J.Crew Marlo Crossbody Bag ($98): Forget a pocket full of sunshine — you’ve got a whole bag load. Whip out this cheerful crossbody anytime you need to put a little extra pep in your step (like every Monday).
8. French Connection Cherise Wrapping Detail Tote ($138): Totes are closet workhorses, and they rise to any occasion, but anytime-appropriate style doesn’t have to mean bland or boring. Cool coils meant to mimic woven jewelry give a traditional leather tote a fashion-forward edge.
9. Skinnydip Cactus Cross Body Bag ($54): Every girl needs that one game-changing bag, and this prickly number is perfection. Swap it in for your go-to clutch on your next GNO, or elevate your weekend style by wearing it with shirt dresses and classic tees.
10. Forever21 Faux Leather Bucket Bag ($25): Give your bucket bag a spring-appropriate update with a soft shade of pastel blue. The cool color will give any wintry getup new-season appeal.
11. Rebecca Minkoff Mara Saddle Crossbody Bag ($295): Saddle bags are making a major comeback, but this time around it’s all about sleek hardware and new silhouettes. Pair it with a flowy floral frock to channel some serious Jane Birkin vibes, or give it the athleisure treatment with joggers, a bomber jacket and bright sneakers.
12. Silence + Noise Pop Weave Cardholder ($12): Girl, you’re so in tune with your sartorial side that even your cards and cash look good. Toss this bright woven cardholder into your everyday sac to keep things neat and organized.
13. Nasty Gal Stone Edge Crossbody Bag ($48): This cylindrical stunner will have you rolling out in style every time you throw it on. Pair it with frilly feminine tops for maximum impact, or play into its modern side with leather trousers and an architectural top.
14. Scout & Catalogue La Playa Tote ($54): Vacay, everyday, on the go — this neon mesh bag is about to change the way you tote. Load it up for the beach with your towel, sunscreen and favorite mags, or use it to stash all your must-have in-flight gear.
15. Rebecca Minkoff Isobell Phone Crossbody Bag ($145): Pare down without compromising on style with a funky phone crossbody bag that reads boho-on-the-go. The pint-sized accessory has plenty of space for all your night-out essentials. Killer dance moves not included.
16. Whistles Suede Rivington Chain Clutch ($150): Streamline your date-night ensemble with a no-frills clutch in a bright shade of berry pink. A chainlink strap is so prime when you want to go hands-free.
17. Cartel Thoroughfare Denim Shoulder Bag ($278): Get your denim fix with a fringed-out tote that can hold its own whether you’re heading to the gym or hunkering down at your favorite cafe with your laptop and latest reads.
18. Cambridge Satchel Company Saddle Bag ($170): If globetrotting is on the agenda this season, make sure to take this cute saddlebag along. It’s the perfect size for pounding the pavements and exploring, plus you can easily pack it in a pinch.
19. Kelsi Dagger Rider Tote ($168): Meet your latest accessory obsession — a silvery go-anywhere tote. Take its style factor to the next level with bright scarves or funky furry key rings.
20. Kimchi Blue Estelle Wooden Crossbody Bag ($69): If this petite floral bag doesn’t scream spring, nothing will. This suede style is begging to be paired with ethereal dresses and flirty, feminine tops.
21. Bluma Project San Michele Tote ($178): This artisan-made hobo is the ultimate getaway bag. It’s lightweight and easy to carry, and it can easily fold up, so you can stash it in your suitcase.
How do you tote? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.