9 Healthy Apps That Have Nothing to Do With Working Out
One of your New Year’s resolutions is probably getting into shape and living well — sounds good to us too! Gym memberships spike right around New Year’s, we’re all looking for the hot new fitness trend and you already have your personal trainer (app) queued up on your phone. But what’s the point of working out if all other parts of your life aren’t up to par? You need to make sure allll aspects of your life are taken care of as well. Here’s a roundup of nine wellness apps that have absolutely nothing to do with working out.
2. Healthy Out: Healthy Out is basically the Seamless or Grubhub of healthy foods. You can browse through the healthy food offerings of nearby restaurants and even filter based on dietary restrictions and food type. There’s also nutritional info for each of your meals. You can have your dinner delivered right to your front door!
3. Elevate: Your brain may not break out in a sweat, but it definitely needs to get its workout on sometimes too. Elevate is a fun yet challenging mind game that aims to help you “improve focus, speaking abilities, processing speed, memory, math skills and more.” Doesn’t hurt that it’s also extremely pretty to look at.
4. Fooducate: Fooducate is a handy food journal that helps you track all the foods you eat and set goals for yourself. You can also log your calories and see what percentage of solid and liquid foods you ingest each day.
5. Sleep Cycle: This alarm clock wants to wake you up without making you feel groggy by tracking your REM cycles. You choose the time you need to wake up, and the alarm clock will wake you up during the lightest phase of your sleep, so you feel well-rested to start your day.
6. TalkSpace: To say mental well-being is important for your health is a gross understatement — but TalkSpace is here to help. Connect securely and anonymously with mental health professionals to chat and help you gain some insight on whatever it is you’re going through.
DL It: Free on iOS
7. Changers: Part of being healthy is living in a healthy environment. Changers is a mobility tracking app that will also help you monitor your CO2 footprint. Changers hopes to encourage you to do less driving and more public transit or biking, and that’s definitely healthier.
8. Think Dirty: If you’ve ever wondered about all those ingredients on the packaging of your shampoo, wonder no more. Think Dirty allows you to scan the barcode of your home and beauty products and breaks down the ingredients for you. It’ll also rank the “dirtiness” of an ingredient on a scale of 1-10.
DL It: Free on iOS
9. 1 Gallon a Day: Remembering to stay hydrated throughout your busy day can be a challenge, and that’s where 1 Gallon a Day comes in. The app will help you track how much water you’ve had and even celebrate when you’ve reached your daily goal of a gallon.