Steal These 5 Looks RN from NYFW for Under $150
Surprise! It’s fashion week once again (although, when is it not?), which means New York City’s streets and most enviable addresses are practically overflowing with DDG threads. And we’re not just talking about the Insta-worthy ensembles gracing the bods of the style elite — we’re talking about the inspired pieces holding it down on the runways. From daytime metallics to elegant activewear, the #OOTD inspo is REAL, girl. Sure, the focus might be on spring and summer 2017, but why wait? You can start rockin’ these killer looks RN, and below we’re showing you how. Scroll on for five looks we loved from Day Three of NYFW and the pieces you need to pull them off.
Unexpected alternative to your tried-and-true LBD routine or seriously chic on-the-job option? You get to decide. For dusk-to-dawn dressing with no shortage of It-girl appeal, take style cues from Jill Stuart and combine ultra-sleek metallic trousers with a textural top. (Photo via Brian Ach/Getty)
1. Zara Pleated Shiny Trousers ($26): Get your shine on, girl. Bust these shimmery stunners out when your outfit needs that little extra somethin’ somethin’. Top ’em off with an oversized button-down, leather jacket and embellished slides for a show-stopping getup that comes together in seconds.
2. TNA Boule Sweater ($98): Get wrapped up in this sleek, snuggly sweater that exudes sophistication. Keep things classy for mid-week shenanigans (AKA to-do list slashing) by styling it alongside printed wide-leg trousers and pointed-toe ankle boots, or take it there with statement hoops and a sassy leather skirt.
Bold and Bright Color
Why wait until spring to rock vibrant color? Gray skies and plummeting temps call for bright pieces that can chase away those post-summer blues. Team your trusty trench with a go-with-the-flow frock, eye-catching steppers and asymmetric baubles, like those seen at Tibi, then watch as that summertime sadness melts away. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
3. Warehouse Pleated Hem Shift Dress ($73): The wardrobe blahs don’t stand a chance against this sunny yellow number. Let the good times roll by teaming it with platform Oxfords and OMG-worthy ear jackets for the office — life’s too short to get stuck in a snoozy black trousers routine.
4. Charles & Keith Tassel Loafers ($49): Blue suede shoes? Don’t mind if we do! Steppers this stunning must be shown off, and trust us — you’ll be looking for any opportunity to bust these tassel-trimmed kicks out. The low profile is perfect for effortlessly running errands around town and breakin’ it down on the dance floor.
In case you’d forgotten after months of frolicking around in breezy shoulder-baring dresses and Rihanna-approved monokinis, layering is a fine art, and this Christian Siriano look proves it. When a fave maxi or midi dress is starting to feel meh, simply layer on a sassy crop top for a runway-ready look stat. #nailedit (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
5. Zara Faux Leather Crop Top ($20): Sure, layering is the preferred method for keeping cozy in the face of biting winds, but it’s also a serious style strategy for elevating your look into street-style territory. Our fave way to do it this season? Toss this streamlined leather number on top of a turtleneck — swoon. The only thing missing? A good ol’ pair of cropped raw edge denim and look-at-me lips.
6. Style London Maxi Shirt Dress in Mixed Print ($80): Consider a longline shirt dress your new sartorial BFF this season. Be it a boardroom meeting or happy hour, it works overtime to keep your style up to those haute standards. Play the layering game and team it with leather trousers and loafers, or rock it solo with mismatched earrings and combat boots for after hours.
We love a little unexpected contrast, and the Band of Outsiders catwalk certainly delivered. A little bit ladylike and a whole lot athleisure chic, this easygoing getup boasts some serious day-to-night appeal. Simply swap out your accessories once the sun sets and you’re golden. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
7. Mango Lace Skirt ($50): A sultry slip-inspired skirt sheds its risqué rep when styled alongside high-top sneakers and oversized silhouettes for an off-the-clock ensemble laced with downtown edge. Bomber jackets and beanies not required, but strongly encouraged.
8. Sub Urban Riot Squad Pullover Sweatshirt ($49): Killer style? Don’t sweat it. When you team this laid-back essential with dressed-up duds (think: belted trousers, flirtatious frocks and pencil skirts), it’s pretty much guaranteed. Seal your fate as street-style bait by adding signature shades, heirloom accessories or statement steppers to the mix.
Statement Outerwear and Steppers
Statement outerwear and kicks? Be still our hearts! This winning combo at Adam Lippes is every fashion enthusiast’s dream. The only thing missing? A DDG satchel complete with sleek hardware and a smart top handle. (Photo via Monica Schipper/Getty)
9. Monki Duster Coat ($97): Usher in brisk fall days with a duster jacket that’s straight-up goals. The minimalist palette and bold stripes play it cool while serving up a serious dose of panache. For maximum perfection, pair with ultra-bright accessories and billowy silhouettes.
10. Miss Selfridge Embroidered Boot ($138): These aren’t your average ankle boots. Floral embroidery sets these bad boys apart, transforming everyday denim and just-your-average swing dresses into Insta-ready #OOTDs.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.