5 Beauty Products You Need for the No-Makeup Makeup Look
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making their way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
It finally feels like summer is really here: Warm weather and sunshine-y days are everything to me right now! Another reason I love this time of year is because I always wear less makeup. Since I found a transformational 14-step Korean skincare routine, I have updated my makeup routine to only include the bare minimum. Now, I usually sport BB cream (I’ve found one I loooove!), a seriously legit mascara, a bit of blush and a brow product — easy as that. Here are five products I rely on for that barely-there, no-makeup makeup look.
1. EVER Daylight Tinted Radiance Moisturizer SPF 32 With LSR10 ($45): This is my everyday moisturizer because of its lightweight feel, even coverage and healthy dose of sun protection. It glides onto my face smoothly and acts as an awesome primer too. It’s a super versatile product that has earned a permanent spot in my vanity. It makes my skin glow without appearing oily and does a wonderful job hydrating my skin. Five stars!
2. Kat Burki Balancing Elixir ($65): Calling all makeup sponge users! This spray is a total game-changer if you use a beautyblender ($20). Instead of dampening my beautyblender with water before I use it, I douse it in this spray and love the results. It feels super refreshing on my skin, but also tightens my pores and brightens up my complexion in the morning. It smells fresh and contains vitamin C, so you’re doing your skin a favor by wearing this product. I just wish the bottle was a little smaller so I could toss it in my purse for 24/7 use!
3. ColourPop Matte X Lipstick ($5): These are some of the best lipsticks I’ve ever used in my life. They have a super matte finish, so you’d think they would leave your lips feeling dry, but they don’t. I swear I forget I have this product on when I wear it; it’s that lightweight and natural feeling. It’s impossible for me to chose my favorite shade from this line, but I have had She Bad, Boa and Cami in constant rotation.
4. Cremorlab Shadow-Off Eye Cream ($48): Simply put, this stuff straight-up works wonders. I’ve been using it consistently for about a month and a half and have noticed a dramatic improvement in my dark under-eye circles (which have basically disappeared!) and feel like my eye area looks less tired overall. Beyond that, it’s super hydrating, it doesn’t sting the sensitive skin around the eye and the little pot will last forever. A tiny bit of this product goes a long way — trust me!
5. Lash Star Beauty Full Control Lash Sculpting Mascara ($35): If you want super thick, inky, luscious lashes, give this stuff a try. It’s a dual-ended mascara that features a tiny brush that deposits color along the base of the lashes, which has a slight tightlining effect. The other end of the brush features a curved, silicone brush that you use to comb through and “sculpt” your lashes, lifting them up from the root. I love this mascara because it allows you a lot of control over the look of your lashes, thanks to the different brush shapes. It stays on all day long and isn’t a pain to remove at night. Bravo!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)