5 Beauty Products You Need for the No-Makeup Makeup Look
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making their way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
It finally feels like summer is really here: Warm weather and sunshine-y days are everything to me right now! Another reason I love this time of year is because I always wear less makeup. Since I found a transformational 14-step Korean skincare routine, I have updated my makeup routine to only include the bare minimum. Now, I usually sport BB cream (I’ve found one I loooove!), a seriously legit mascara, a bit of blush and a brow product — easy as that. Here are five products I rely on for that barely-there, no-makeup makeup look.
1. EVER Daylight Tinted Radiance Moisturizer SPF 32 With LSR10 ($45): This is my everyday moisturizer because of its lightweight feel, even coverage and healthy dose of sun protection. It glides onto my face smoothly and acts as an awesome primer too. It’s a super versatile product that has earned a permanent spot in my vanity. It makes my skin glow without appearing oily and does a wonderful job hydrating my skin. Five stars!
2. Kat Burki Balancing Elixir ($65): Calling all makeup sponge users! This spray is a total game-changer if you use a beautyblender ($20). Instead of dampening my beautyblender with water before I use it, I douse it in this spray and love the results. It feels super refreshing on my skin, but also tightens my pores and brightens up my complexion in the morning. It smells fresh and contains vitamin C, so you’re doing your skin a favor by wearing this product. I just wish the bottle was a little smaller so I could toss it in my purse for 24/7 use!
3. ColourPop Matte X Lipstick ($5): These are some of the best lipsticks I’ve ever used in my life. They have a super matte finish, so you’d think they would leave your lips feeling dry, but they don’t. I swear I forget I have this product on when I wear it; it’s that lightweight and natural feeling. It’s impossible for me to chose my favorite shade from this line, but I have had She Bad, Boa and Cami in constant rotation.
4. Cremorlab Shadow-Off Eye Cream ($48): Simply put, this stuff straight-up works wonders. I’ve been using it consistently for about a month and a half and have noticed a dramatic improvement in my dark under-eye circles (which have basically disappeared!) and feel like my eye area looks less tired overall. Beyond that, it’s super hydrating, it doesn’t sting the sensitive skin around the eye and the little pot will last forever. A tiny bit of this product goes a long way — trust me!
5. Lash Star Beauty Full Control Lash Sculpting Mascara ($35): If you want super thick, inky, luscious lashes, give this stuff a try. It’s a dual-ended mascara that features a tiny brush that deposits color along the base of the lashes, which has a slight tightlining effect. The other end of the brush features a curved, silicone brush that you use to comb through and “sculpt” your lashes, lifting them up from the root. I love this mascara because it allows you a lot of control over the look of your lashes, thanks to the different brush shapes. It stays on all day long and isn’t a pain to remove at night. Bravo!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.