14 Passover-Approved Dessert Recipes That Everyone Will Love
Putting the words “Passover” and “dessert” together often inspires a shudder. But it doesn’t have to be that way, and these 14 delicious desserts are here to prove it. Advances in grain-free baking have definitely played a part in this shift, along with the availability of approved leaveners. This means the vast majority of these goodies also happen to be naturally gluten-free AND are far from the dense offerings of yore. Pretty tempting, right?
1. Coconut and Berry Passover Tart (Gluten-Free): With its custardy filling and a crust that manages to be both chewy and crisp, this tart delivers a tantalizing assortment of texture in every bite. (via Washington Times)
3. Chocolate-Dipped Funfetti Macaroons (Gluten-Free): A dip in chocolate and a smattering of colorful sprinkles are a couple welcome (and easy) ways to upgrade the standard macaroon. (via A Clean Bake)
5. Flourless Chocolate Cake With Almond Cream Cheese Frosting (Grain-Free): A sliver of this rich layer cake is all it takes to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’ll kick any chocolate cravings to the curb. (via La Casa de Sweets)
6. Flourless Carrot Walnut Cloud Cookies (Gluten-Free): You’ll get all the flavors of carrot cake in these delicious cookies that are both crisp and soft at the same time. (via Overtime Cook)
7. Pavlovas With Strawberries and Balsamic (Gluten-Free): Topped with a plume of whipped cream and a pile of berries, these pavlovas certainly bring elegance to the table. (via Baking a Moment)
8. Two-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse (Gluten-Free): You only need chocolate and water (yes, water!) to make these luxurious cups of mousse. Looking for more flavor? Simply swap out a couple spoonfuls of H2O with a splash of your favorite liqueur. (via Bakepedia)
10. Passover Lemon-Almond Sponge Cake (Gluten-Free): A pour of warm lemon sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the delicate almond and citrus flavors of this tall, celebration-worthy sponge cake. (via Life’s a Feast)
11. Chocolate Cake With Espresso Glaze (Gluten-Free): Between the espresso powder baked right in and glaze served tableside, you’ll get a double dose of coffee flavor in every bite of this crumbly, dense favorite. (via Martha Stewart)
12. Chocolate Caramel Macarons (Gluten-Free): Sandwiched with a crunchy caramel layer, these macarons are a cross between cookies and candy. Even better, the shells can be made almost a week in advance. (via The New York Times)
13. Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroon Torte (Gluten-Free): Coconut abounds during Passover, but other nuts deserve some love too. Here, hazelnut meal is put to use to create a torte that fans of Nutella will no doubt adore. (via Smitten Kitchen)
14. White Wine Granita (Gluten-Free): After a big meal, there may not be much room left for dessert. This granita is a great way to end things on a sweet, light and slightly boozy note. It can also be served between courses as a sort of palate refresher. (via Saveur)
What are some of your go-to Passover desserts? Let’s talk in the comments!
- Download These Adorable Passover + Easter Coloring Pages - Brit ... ›
- 14 Recipes to Make This Year's Passover Feast the Best Yet - Brit + Co ›
- 36 Super Easy Dessert Recipes Made With 5 Ingredients or Less ... ›
- 18 Ways to Use Matzo for More Than Soup - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Modern Passover Recipes for Your Seder Feast - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Passover Dessert Recipes That Are Totally Kosher - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)