11 Ways to Dress Like the Stars on People’s Best Dressed List
Well folks, People has spoken, announcing what might be its most highly-anticipated celebrity short list of the year (save Sexiest Man Alive, though we always know the answer to that). It’s 2014’s Best Dressed list, and as always, its spots are packed full of red carpet darlings (and Brit + Co faves!) like Emma Stone, Lupita Nyong’o, Kiernan Shipka and Taylor Swift, who deservedly took home the award for best-the-best. If these 11 majorly stylish celebs aren’t already your poster children for fall fashion, consider this ranking your official call to action. Scroll through to learn how you can hack your wardrobe to look as head-turning as the outfits worn by this sartorially savvy set.
1. Taylor Swift: Taylor writes the playbook to putting a fresh spin on all things ladylike. Channel her (almost) always perfect style sense with a flirty matching set ($264), not-quite silver pumps ($225) and a structured handbag ($61)
2. Blake Lively: Besides actress, lifestyle guru and ultimate cupcake maker, Blake can also wear the hat of stylist — the Preserve editor-in-chief dresses herself for every A-list event she attends. Copy Blake’s effortless ability to turn heads by mixing a basic tank ($20) with a show-stopping embellished skirt ($100), and enhance the bling with a statement ring ($28).
3. Diane Kruger: Diane dresses sans stylist too, (bravo, ladies!) and isn’t afraid to take risks, even without that sartorial safety net. Punchy, modern patterns are everything — learn how to walk her walk in a floral jumpsuit ($57) and accessorize with heels ($35) and clutch ($16) that enhance the already bold color palette.
4. Jennifer Lopez: JLo is always and forever a lover of all-things body con — as People points out, the 45-year old won’t quit when it comes to wearing styles that hug her flawless bod. Show off your assets just like Jenny from the block in a form-fitting dress with an asymmetrical hem ($96) that makes the look hotter than hot.
5. Emma Stone: Emma’s obsessed with quirky silhouettes, from drop-waist dresses to dramatic fit-and-flares, and we’re obsessed with her offbeat styling as much as we love her chopped locks. We’re fixated on her striped fit and flare ($85) that she pairs with a crisp blouse ($29) and studded heels ($151).
6. Lupita Nyong’o: Playful, fearless, sophisticated — just a few words to describe the style of Hollywood’s most major beauty. Like Lupita, let your dress do allll the talking in a pattern-clashing dress ($282) made to drop jaws.
7. Jessica Alba: You can just tell that Jessica has fun with fashion — her best looks are incredibly girly, dressing up in flirty pieces like a peplum dress ($59) in a to-die-for shade of blue. Go all out and accessorize with a metallic clutch ($77) and a silver cuff ($154) that’s an arm party on its own.
8. Rihanna: Rihanna has completely rihdefined glamour as a concept that’s both pretty and powerful, and we’re enamored with her confidence regardless of what she is (or is not) wearing. Turn heads in a silky slip dress ($118) that’s right up her boudoir-to-the-bar style book.
9. Emma Watson: Emma is our go-to gal for streamlined style, consistently outshining her peers with her chic and clean aesthetic. Copy the star’s so-posh look with a plunging blouse ($50) and trousers ($60) and a dazzling ear cuff ($5) for just a touch of glitz.
10. Chloe Grace Moretz: Chloe’s outfits are always like a breath of fresh air — carefree like they should be (CG is only 17-years old!) but always refined well beyond her years. Add a playful punch to your wardrobe by pairing a statement-making sweatshirt ($48) with a patterned midi ($18) and cute-as-ever T-strap heels ($75).
11. Kiernan Shipka: Kiernan keeps it colorful and classy ’round the clock with structured pieces tailored to a tee. Channel her youthful elegance in an embellished dress ($133) that can’t help but make you smile.
Which of People’s Best Dressed is your celebrity style muse? Tell which outfit you’re planning to copy in the comments below.