Extreme heat and beauty usually don’t go hand in hand, which is why you sometimes need a whole new routine when the temps start to rise. If you’re seeking that sweat-free, summertime glow and the perfect hot weather hairstyle, look no further. Pinterest just released their top saved beauty and hair trends for the season. Curious what styles and products are buzzing? Take a look below.
1. SPF Hair Protection:Suncare is about so much more than just your skin. Did you know your strands also need UV protection? Pinterest does, as SPF hair mists are up 52 percent in saves. One great selection to add to your routine is Clarins’ Sunscreen Care Oil Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($36).
2. Bumpless Hair: While keeping your hair off your neck is a summertime priority, there’s nothing worse than having an annoying bend from your rubber band. That’s why the spiral hair ties, like this colorful trio ($8) from Free People, are up 2,198 percent (yes, you read that right) since 2017 in saves.
3. Au Naturel Sunscreen: More pinners are saying goodbye to chemical sunblock than ever. Natural sunscreen is up in saves by 121 percent. If you’re conscious of the kind of SPF you’re slathering on your body, consider Alba Botanica Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 ($9) as a budget-friendly choice.
4. Air-dried hair: The girl with the golden mane, Blake Lively, famously air-dries her hair when she wants natural, beachy waves. It’s also the ideal hot weather style as no one wants to have a hairdryer blowing on their face when it’s 100 degrees out. On Pinterest, air-dry styles are up 198 percent from last year. (Photo by Henry S. Dziekan III/WireImage)
5. SPF Lippies: Yup, all sun-worshippers know that even your pucker can get burnt, so you need to add SPF to your lip balms as well. SPF lip balms are 304 percent up in searches over on Pinterest, and a hot option is Coola’s Mineral Liplux SPF 30 Organic Tinted Lip ($18).
6. Body Polish: Exfoliating is more important than ever when you’re sweating nonstop, which is why body polish is another hot trend on Pinterest (climbing 199 percent more YoY). Try the best-selling Body Polish ($38) by kai that will keep your skin looking lustrous all season long.
7. Natural Deodorants: Another area where people are growing more conscious about using natural ingredients is your pits. Natural deodorants have been boosted 116 percent year over year on Pinterest. We like Native’s Lychee and Goji Berry Natural Deodorant ($12), as it’s both seasonal and packed with odor-busting goodness.
Which of these trends are you planning on trying? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.