Raise hands if your winter go-to look is a sweater dress and tights. That’s alright for a bit, but what happens come February when you just cant even look at your closet anymore. Everything in your winter wardrobe suddenly seems snoozeville. Luckily, we’ve got good news. You don’t need to buy a whole new closet of clothes to make it to spring — a new staple is all you need. And we’re thinking a fun knife-pleated skirt will have you looking sharp. Don’t worry; they’re actually super soft, so no crazy ironing required. Plus, they’re versatile. As in, you can wear it with literally everything. Here are nine you’ll want to buy RN.
1. ASOS Boohoo Slinky Pleated Midi Skirt ($35): Your weekly calendar in January and February is probs packed with events, being the girl about town that you are. This skirt adds some shimmer and shine so you’ll really stand out when networking or happy hour-ing. Wear it with pretty sweaters and blazers alike.
2. Topshop Snake Print Pleated Midi Skirt ($125): You’ll want to replace your old pencil skirt with this ahmazing animal print RN. The A-line cut is flattering no matter your height, and the flowy bottom will look great with your favorite pair of heels.
3. Loft Shimmer Pleated Skirt ($70): This skirt is what Valentine’s date night looks are made of. Pair it with a pretty tank and blinged-out accessories. You’ll be ready to rock. Then re-wear it all February long. Heart!
4. Express Metallic Pleated Midi Skirt ($128): Parties and nights out in the dead of winter are tough. You don’t want to be one of those girls who is obvs freezing and wearing, like, nothing. That’s where this pretty shimmery skirt comes in. Throw on a sweater and boots and work any room.
5. Leith Metallic Pleat Midi Skirt ($75): If you’re as rose gold #obsessed as us, you’ve got to add this stunner to your closet. Dress it down with a tee and ankle boots, or wear it with a black tank and heels for a night on the town. Anything goes.
6. Forever 21 Metallic Pleated Skirt ($25): Whether you prefer the silver or gold, this skirt is money. Actually, it’s a real bargain deal for something you’ll want to wear all the time. For an all-day option, go for flats and a casual top and then throw on a fur wrap and heeled boots come nighttime.
7. J. Crew Factory Pleated Flared Mini Skirt ($30): Is everything in your closet solid black or gray at the moment? News flash, just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you have to live a colorless existence! Phew. This skirt is a much-needed burst of bright.
8. H&M Pleated Skirt ($35): If you don’t have a ton of cash to spend on seasonal attire, no worries. Pick up this bright skirt and get plenty of bang for your buck. You can wear it with an oversized sweater now and de-layer come spring break.
9. Zara Pleated Midi Skirt ($70): You can easily wear this gorg pleated skirt during the workweek or even on the weekend. It would look so hot with a fur coat to keep you toasty. Pointy boots will help balance out the polished look.
For more style inspo, follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.