16 Plus-Size Capsule Wardrobe Essentials to Snag RN
The temps are sizzling, so have you rounded out your summer capsule wardrobe for work, vacay and everything in between? Time’s ticking! You know you can’t head to the beach without a killer one-piece or attend an outdoor concert without a prairie chic embroidered denim skirt in tow. Make the most of the summer season by investing in a wear-everywhere floral maxi dress that can serve double duty for your BFF’s wedding, a dinner party and post-work drinks. Keep the outfit conundrums at bay with these 16 plus-size wardrobe essentials you’ll be able to wear (and repeat) all summer long. Factor in the cost per wear and these bad boys will easily pay for themselves.
1. Mango Flowy Print Dress ($60): None of this nine-to-five dressing nonsense. Blur the line between work and play with this vibrant tropical print dress that can be styled with loafers for the office or stilettos once the sun goes down.
that easy to hack a carefree summer look.
3. ASOS Curve Tie Waist Maxi Beach Shirt Dress in Stripe ($52): Don’t let this striped beach shirt dress fool you. When it’s not being worn as a bikini cover-up for post-pool shenanigans, it can be styled with hoop earrings and black culottes for a girl’s night out.
4. Rue 107 Moko One-Piece ($92): Blend in with the crowd? No way! Make a splash at the pool this summer with a colorful striped one-piece that’s equal parts playful and sultry. The straps can be worn criss-crossed or tied halter style for a look that slays around the clock.
5. Forever 21 Plus Size Floral Print Dress ($28): If there’s one hero piece you simply cannot live without this summer, it’s a floral maxi with major Coachella appeal. Just add an of-the-moment choker and some gladiator sandals for a backyard wedding or vacation with your squad.
6. Hackwith Design House Lisala Dress ($210): Every working gal needs an LBD, so keep this no-nonsense number on standby. Couple the subtle hi-lo hem and easy-breezy silhouette with a casual straw Panama hat for a look that takes you from boardroom to boardwalk.
7. Alice & You Denim Shorts With Floral Embroidery ($49): Give your summer wardrobe the reboot it deserves with these ‘70s-style floral embroidered shorts that need not be restricted to festival season. Between glamping adventures and county fairs, they’ll always do you right — especially when an off-the-shoulder peasant top is in the equation.
8. Forever 21 Plus Size Floral Print Blouse ($20): When you find a blouse that can take you from crunching numbers at work to sipping cocktails al fresco, you know you’ve struck gold. This flouncy floral top, complete with free-wheelin’ bell sleeves, brings the wow factor without entering too-risqué-for-work territory.
White Lemonade Bikini Bottom ($52): Beyoncé’s got nothing on you! Pull out the stops with this next-level lemonade-inspired bikini that brings the drama. And check out those mermaid sleeves! When you’re not catching rays, pair the white top with a high-waisted skirt for a whole lotta sass.
10. Forever 21 Plus Size Tribal Print Shorts ($15): These tribal print shorts with a tie waist are the real MVS (most valuable shorts). They’re like silk PJ bottoms but way more polished. Rock ‘em with a rad crop top, a lace-up bodysuit, you name it!
11. Dorothy Perkins Curve Neutral Stripe Jersey Skirt ($39): From one brunch picnic to the next, this striped jersey skirt will serve you well time and time again. With an elastic waist, it’s relaxed enough to be worn with a basic cami and your favorite slides for a little afternoon siesta.
12. ASOS Curve T-Shirt Dress With Contrast Tipping ($30): Channel your inner sporty girl with this fuss-free t-shirt dress that has athleisure written all over it. For a foolproof #OOTD, slip it on alongside some Stan Smith kicks and a borrowed-from-the-boys baseball cap, or wear it as a bikini cover-up at the beach.
13. Forever 21 Plus Size Tribal Print Top ($11): Swap out your everyday stripes for this strapless tribal print top that’s practically a neutral in disguise. Toss it on with denim cutoffs and a cool fedora for festival season, or dress it up with a black maxi skirt and lace-up ghillies for happy hour.
14. Missguided Plus Size Super Stretch High Waisted Ripped Knee Jeans ($40): Usher in the dog days of summer with these ripped white jeans that are hot, hot, hot. This perennial favorite will look just as flawless with a cold-shoulder top as an oversized button-down. Come dusk, toss on a denim jacket and moccasins for a campfire-ready look.
15. ASOS Pink Clove Floral Print Dress ($39): When a maxi reads too uptight, cut loose with this daytime casual frock that’s easy like Sunday morning. Round out your soft and feminine look with a crossbody sac and some French-girl ballet flats.
16. Mango Off Shoulder Dress ($100): What would a summer capsule wardrobe be without the season’s most coveted silhouette (and a pair of OMG-worthy pom-pom embellished sandals to boot)? That’s not even a question. *Adds to cart.*