13 Pairs of Slides Perfect for the Pool and Beyond
Summer is in full swing, people, and it’s all about keeping it chic from the beach to the streets. Just in case you didn’t get the memo: Pool slides are officially having a comeback. And no, they aren’t restricted to poolside shenanigans and glamping adventures. Between running weekend errands and meeting bae for drinks, a playful pair of slides (or two) is more than deserving of a spot in your list of summer style essentials. Decked out in punchy tropical prints or sassy phrases, they’re guaranteed to lend a serious punch to every #OOTD and kick your favorite summer slip dresses into next-level territory. What are you waiting for? Usher in the dog days of summer with these 13 pool slides that will make you think twice before tossing on the same ol’ jellies.
1. Kate Spade New York Izella Slide Sandal ($110): Summer fling? Puh-lease. These cheeky blogger-approved slides will become your main squeeze as you proceed to style ‘em alongside beach cover-ups, LWDs and easy breezy rompers galore. TBH, they’ll never do you wrong.
2. The WhiteBrand Black Beach Please Slider Flat Sandals ($29): Didn’t think you could rock sporty slides beyond the pool? Beach, please. Proceed to channel your inner rockstar with a come-hither bodysuit and denim culottes for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
3. Kat Maconie Fifi Blue & Red Gem Slider Flat Sandals ($210): Nothing to wear? Not a thing — at least not when these party slides are in the equation. When your platform flip-flops read meh, these embellished color-block slides will give your outfit instant ‘tude.
4. Topshop HAVEN Pool Sliders ($26): Strike up a convo with your summer crush by letting your stylish footwear do ALL the talking. These girly pink slides are not only the definition of casual-cool (just pair them with denim cutoffs), but they’re comfortable enough to wear around the clock — bye-bye, blisters.
5. SixtySeven Ariel Slides ($49): Aspire to do less this summer by embracing a minimalist aesthetic that will have you ready for a laid-back weekend in Montauk. Pair these streamlined slides with a white tennis skort and a borrowed-from-the-boys baseball cap for a look that slays on and off the courts.
6. Opening Ceremony Jourdena Leather Criss-Cross Pool Slides ($195): Good design speaks volumes, especially when it comes to hitting the pavement in style a la these navy and burgundy striped slides featuring criss-cross straps. For a casual Friday getup that’s part athleisure, part profesh, pair these bad boys with a streamlined dress and structured satchel. HR ain’t got nothing on you!
7. Beek Blackbird Slides ($300): Get ready to rack up the steps (and compliments) with these versatile leather slides that have been indigo-dyed to perfection. When styled with a flowy maxi or tie-waist paperbag shorts, you’ll be more than ready to take on a slew of summer RSVPs (think: beachside nuptials and outdoor concerts).
8. Fila Pool Slide ($35): Fit girls will flock to these Fila pool slides that deserve major street cred, whether you’re sporting a fierce wetsuit or a striped t-shirt dress. Between surf lessons on the beach and afternoon strolls along the boardwalk, we can’t think of a more foolproof pair of sandals to pack in your beach bag.
9. Marc Jacobs Cooper Sport Slides ($125): Calling all fashion girls! Before you declare rubber slides a sartorial no-no, you’ve gotta try this luxe pair on for size. Sparkle factor aside, the striking red soles will add major pep to your step and give you an excuse to dress down more often.
10. Birkenstock Papillio Metallic Charlize Slide ($125): Sorry (not sorry), but these metallic Birks are about to put your ugly-chic Teva sandals to shame. Thanks to the sleek design and extra cushy sole, there’s a good chance you’ll never want to take them off.
11. The WhiteBrand Stars & Stripes Slider Flat Sandals ($29): Fact: It’s not a Fourth of July-themed bash until you’ve got a patriotic pair of slides on standby. Adorned with stars and stripes, these open-toe steppers will complement your RWB attire with a nod to nautical style.
12. Tropical Sliders by Slydes ($35): Start channeling those jungle vibes STAT with these rainforest-inspired slides that were made for a stint in paradise. Easy as slip-on-and-go, they can be teamed with a sports bra and high-performance leggings for the ultimate off-duty uniform.
13. VFILES White Whatever Slides ($65): Cue the summertime vibes with these slogan slides that demand attention (and respect). Nobody tells you how to dress: Break all the rules by pairing them with a ruffled off-the-shoulder top and cropped flare trousers for a Man Repeller-approved look.
Will you be sporting pool slides this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.