13 Pairs of Slides Perfect for the Pool and Beyond
Summer is in full swing, people, and it’s all about keeping it chic from the beach to the streets. Just in case you didn’t get the memo: Pool slides are officially having a comeback. And no, they aren’t restricted to poolside shenanigans and glamping adventures. Between running weekend errands and meeting bae for drinks, a playful pair of slides (or two) is more than deserving of a spot in your list of summer style essentials. Decked out in punchy tropical prints or sassy phrases, they’re guaranteed to lend a serious punch to every #OOTD and kick your favorite summer slip dresses into next-level territory. What are you waiting for? Usher in the dog days of summer with these 13 pool slides that will make you think twice before tossing on the same ol’ jellies.
1. Kate Spade New York Izella Slide Sandal ($110): Summer fling? Puh-lease. These cheeky blogger-approved slides will become your main squeeze as you proceed to style ‘em alongside beach cover-ups, LWDs and easy breezy rompers galore. TBH, they’ll never do you wrong.
2. The WhiteBrand Black Beach Please Slider Flat Sandals ($29): Didn’t think you could rock sporty slides beyond the pool? Beach, please. Proceed to channel your inner rockstar with a come-hither bodysuit and denim culottes for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
3. Kat Maconie Fifi Blue & Red Gem Slider Flat Sandals ($210): Nothing to wear? Not a thing — at least not when these party slides are in the equation. When your platform flip-flops read meh, these embellished color-block slides will give your outfit instant ‘tude.
4. Topshop HAVEN Pool Sliders ($26): Strike up a convo with your summer crush by letting your stylish footwear do ALL the talking. These girly pink slides are not only the definition of casual-cool (just pair them with denim cutoffs), but they’re comfortable enough to wear around the clock — bye-bye, blisters.
5. SixtySeven Ariel Slides ($49): Aspire to do less this summer by embracing a minimalist aesthetic that will have you ready for a laid-back weekend in Montauk. Pair these streamlined slides with a white tennis skort and a borrowed-from-the-boys baseball cap for a look that slays on and off the courts.
6. Opening Ceremony Jourdena Leather Criss-Cross Pool Slides ($195): Good design speaks volumes, especially when it comes to hitting the pavement in style a la these navy and burgundy striped slides featuring criss-cross straps. For a casual Friday getup that’s part athleisure, part profesh, pair these bad boys with a streamlined dress and structured satchel. HR ain’t got nothing on you!
7. Beek Blackbird Slides ($300): Get ready to rack up the steps (and compliments) with these versatile leather slides that have been indigo-dyed to perfection. When styled with a flowy maxi or tie-waist paperbag shorts, you’ll be more than ready to take on a slew of summer RSVPs (think: beachside nuptials and outdoor concerts).
8. Fila Pool Slide ($35): Fit girls will flock to these Fila pool slides that deserve major street cred, whether you’re sporting a fierce wetsuit or a striped t-shirt dress. Between surf lessons on the beach and afternoon strolls along the boardwalk, we can’t think of a more foolproof pair of sandals to pack in your beach bag.
9. Marc Jacobs Cooper Sport Slides ($125): Calling all fashion girls! Before you declare rubber slides a sartorial no-no, you’ve gotta try this luxe pair on for size. Sparkle factor aside, the striking red soles will add major pep to your step and give you an excuse to dress down more often.
10. Birkenstock Papillio Metallic Charlize Slide ($125): Sorry (not sorry), but these metallic Birks are about to put your ugly-chic Teva sandals to shame. Thanks to the sleek design and extra cushy sole, there’s a good chance you’ll never want to take them off.
11. The WhiteBrand Stars & Stripes Slider Flat Sandals ($29): Fact: It’s not a Fourth of July-themed bash until you’ve got a patriotic pair of slides on standby. Adorned with stars and stripes, these open-toe steppers will complement your RWB attire with a nod to nautical style.
12. Tropical Sliders by Slydes ($35): Start channeling those jungle vibes STAT with these rainforest-inspired slides that were made for a stint in paradise. Easy as slip-on-and-go, they can be teamed with a sports bra and high-performance leggings for the ultimate off-duty uniform.
13. VFILES White Whatever Slides ($65): Cue the summertime vibes with these slogan slides that demand attention (and respect). Nobody tells you how to dress: Break all the rules by pairing them with a ruffled off-the-shoulder top and cropped flare trousers for a Man Repeller-approved look.
Will you be sporting pool slides this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.