Summer is in full swing, people, and it’s all about keeping it chic from the beach to the streets. Just in case you didn’t get the memo: Pool slides are officially having a comeback. And no, they aren’t restricted to poolside shenanigans and glamping adventures. Between running weekend errands and meeting bae for drinks, a playful pair of slides (or two) is more than deserving of a spot in your list of summer style essentials. Decked out in punchy tropical prints or sassy phrases, they’re guaranteed to lend a serious punch to every #OOTD and kick your favorite summer slip dresses into next-level territory. What are you waiting for? Usher in the dog days of summer with these 13 pool slides that will make you think twice before tossing on the same ol’ jellies.
1. Kate Spade New York Izella Slide Sandal ($110): Summer fling? Puh-lease. These cheeky blogger-approved slides will become your main squeeze as you proceed to style ‘em alongside beach cover-ups, LWDs and easy breezy rompers galore. TBH, they’ll never do you wrong.
2. The WhiteBrand Black Beach Please Slider Flat Sandals ($29): Didn’t think you could rock sporty slides beyond the pool? Beach, please. Proceed to channel your inner rockstar with a come-hither bodysuit and denim culottes for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
3. Kat Maconie Fifi Blue & Red Gem Slider Flat Sandals ($210): Nothing to wear? Not a thing — at least not when these party slides are in the equation. When your platform flip-flops read meh, these embellished color-block slides will give your outfit instant ‘tude.
4. Topshop HAVEN Pool Sliders ($26): Strike up a convo with your summer crush by letting your stylish footwear do ALL the talking. These girly pink slides are not only the definition of casual-cool (just pair them with denim cutoffs), but they’re comfortable enough to wear around the clock — bye-bye, blisters.
5. SixtySeven Ariel Slides ($49): Aspire to do less this summer by embracing a minimalist aesthetic that will have you ready for a laid-back weekend in Montauk. Pair these streamlined slides with a white tennis skort and a borrowed-from-the-boys baseball cap for a look that slays on and off the courts.
6. Opening Ceremony Jourdena Leather Criss-Cross Pool Slides ($195): Good design speaks volumes, especially when it comes to hitting the pavement in style a la these navy and burgundy striped slides featuring criss-cross straps. For a casual Friday getup that’s part athleisure, part profesh, pair these bad boys with a streamlined dress and structured satchel. HR ain’t got nothing on you!
7. Beek Blackbird Slides ($300): Get ready to rack up the steps (and compliments) with these versatile leather slides that have been indigo-dyed to perfection. When styled with a flowy maxi or tie-waist paperbag shorts, you’ll be more than ready to take on a slew of summer RSVPs (think: beachside nuptials and outdoor concerts).
8. Fila Pool Slide ($35): Fit girls will flock to these Fila pool slides that deserve major street cred, whether you’re sporting a fierce wetsuit or a striped t-shirt dress. Between surf lessons on the beach and afternoon strolls along the boardwalk, we can’t think of a more foolproof pair of sandals to pack in your beach bag.
9. Marc Jacobs Cooper Sport Slides ($125): Calling all fashion girls! Before you declare rubber slides a sartorial no-no, you’ve gotta try this luxe pair on for size. Sparkle factor aside, the striking red soles will add major pep to your step and give you an excuse to dress down more often.
10. Birkenstock Papillio Metallic Charlize Slide ($125): Sorry (not sorry), but these metallic Birks are about to put your ugly-chic Teva sandals to shame. Thanks to the sleek design and extra cushy sole, there’s a good chance you’ll never want to take them off.
11. The WhiteBrand Stars & Stripes Slider Flat Sandals ($29): Fact: It’s not a Fourth of July-themed bash until you’ve got a patriotic pair of slides on standby. Adorned with stars and stripes, these open-toe steppers will complement your RWB attire with a nod to nautical style.
12. Tropical Sliders by Slydes ($35): Start channeling those jungle vibes STAT with these rainforest-inspired slides that were made for a stint in paradise. Easy as slip-on-and-go, they can be teamed with a sports bra and high-performance leggings for the ultimate off-duty uniform.
13. VFILES White Whatever Slides ($65): Cue the summertime vibes with these slogan slides that demand attention (and respect). Nobody tells you how to dress: Break all the rules by pairing them with a ruffled off-the-shoulder top and cropped flare trousers for a Man Repeller-approved look.
Will you be sporting pool slides this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.