You know the feeling. The one you have when you’ve gotten a recent swag haircut n’ style and your hair looks… too perfect. Chances are that new ‘do you were unsure about on the first day is one you’ll actually fall in love with when you wake up the next, once you’ve gotten a bit of texture and more natural movement to it. So, to get that pillow-kinked look, you can A) nab the last salon booking of the day and head straight to bed (with Netflix to keep you company) or B) fast forward to second-day hairstyle perfection with hair products that will mess up your mane just enough. Below, we’ve listed our 10 favorite products that make second day hair a reality in the blink of an eye. Scroll on for the fast track to enviable next-day locks.
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($44): This do-it-all spray is a cult fave for a reason. Part dry shampoo, part texturizing wizard, this fab product will give your hair instant lift and hold. Simply spritz a bit of this on your roots and play around with your locks to make them look effortlessly messy and chic.
2. Yarok Feed Your Hold Style Sustaining Hair Spray ($20): Style your locks like you want, using a hair spray that creates an effortless, touchable hold. This natural spray keeps your hair in place without the use of alcohol, so your ‘do will stay happy and healthy while still looking totally lived in.
3. Amika Beauty Undone Texture Spray ($24): If your new cut looks too perfect, let this texture spray comes in to play. Just a few mists of this concentrated formula at the roots of your hair will add that volume, texture and style you desire, leaving your new ‘do looking perfectly un-perfect.
4. Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Finish Lotion with Hibiscus Vinegar ($48): Not into dry shampoo? We recommend a few sprays of this multi-tasker if you’re looking for something a little different. The leave-in lotion hydrates your locks while soothing your scalp, allowing you to give your hair a little more of the shine and body you desire.
5. Captain Blankenship Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($24): Whatever the season, mermaid-inspired locks are often what #hairgoals are made of. Give your tresses some tousled waves with a formula that’s infused with hair-loving aloe vera, as well as divinely scented notes of rose. Trust us, your hair will thank you.
6. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($23): This dry shampoo won’t weigh you down — quite the opposite, in fact, with this lightweight, hard-working formula. Your mane will feel light, clean and be left with some hair-raising volume that’s sure to impress.
7. Bumble and bumble. SumoTech ($33): For hair you really want to get a hold over, look no further than this innovative formula from the hair experts of Bumble and bumble. It’s not a paste, wax or cream, but instead a mid-weight formula that’s a combination of all three. With just a dime-sized dab of this hair superhero, you can mold your newly-cut tresses into whatever style you desire.
8. Verb Ghost Hairspray ($14): As you might have guessed from the name, this is one seriously lightweight hairspray. With just a spray or two of this powerful formula, you can give your hair weightless hold as well as touchable texture. Basically, it’s your dream hairspray.
9. R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste ($28): Your typical dry shampoo gets an upgrade with this innovative hair paste. The formula brings with it all the usual benefits a dry shampoo (texture, hold and volume), but because of its different makeup, gives you a whole lot more flexibility for application.
10. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray ($6): We can definitely get on board with beachy waves in the dead of winter, especially when it comes at a price that won’t make our wallets weep. A new cut usually comes with ultra-soft locks, so spraying a bit of this sea salt-infused formula through your mane will give it some much needed hold and wave.
Tweet us your fave way to achieve second day hair @BritandCo!