10 Products to Make Your New Haircut Look like Second Day Hair
You know the feeling. The one you have when you’ve gotten a recent swag haircut n’ style and your hair looks… too perfect. Chances are that new ‘do you were unsure about on the first day is one you’ll actually fall in love with when you wake up the next, once you’ve gotten a bit of texture and more natural movement to it. So, to get that pillow-kinked look, you can A) nab the last salon booking of the day and head straight to bed (with Netflix to keep you company) or B) fast forward to second-day hairstyle perfection with hair products that will mess up your mane just enough. Below, we’ve listed our 10 favorite products that make second day hair a reality in the blink of an eye. Scroll on for the fast track to enviable next-day locks.
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($44): This do-it-all spray is a cult fave for a reason. Part dry shampoo, part texturizing wizard, this fab product will give your hair instant lift and hold. Simply spritz a bit of this on your roots and play around with your locks to make them look effortlessly messy and chic.
4. Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Finish Lotion with Hibiscus Vinegar ($48): Not into dry shampoo? We recommend a few sprays of this multi-tasker if you’re looking for something a little different. The leave-in lotion hydrates your locks while soothing your scalp, allowing you to give your hair a little more of the shine and body you desire.
5. Captain Blankenship Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($24): Whatever the season, mermaid-inspired locks are often what #hairgoals are made of. Give your tresses some tousled waves with a formula that’s infused with hair-loving aloe vera, as well as divinely scented notes of rose. Trust us, your hair will thank you.
6. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($23): This dry shampoo won’t weigh you down — quite the opposite, in fact, with this lightweight, hard-working formula. Your mane will feel light, clean and be left with some hair-raising volume that’s sure to impress.
8. Verb Ghost Hairspray ($14): As you might have guessed from the name, this is one seriously lightweight hairspray. With just a spray or two of this powerful formula, you can give your hair weightless hold as well as touchable texture. Basically, it’s your dream hairspray.
9. R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste ($28): Your typical dry shampoo gets an upgrade with this innovative hair paste. The formula brings with it all the usual benefits a dry shampoo (texture, hold and volume), but because of its different makeup, gives you a whole lot more flexibility for application.
10. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray ($6): We can definitely get on board with beachy waves in the dead of winter, especially when it comes at a price that won’t make our wallets weep. A new cut usually comes with ultra-soft locks, so spraying a bit of this sea salt-infused formula through your mane will give it some much needed hold and wave.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.