15 Ridiculously Good Rice Bowl Recipes to Serve Tonight
There are countless reasons why we love rice bowls. They’re not only a literal bowlful of comfort (hellooo carbs), but they’re also a great way to use up leftovers. Whether it’s steamed rice from the night before’s takeout or the last of your haul from the farmers’ market, you’ll love how easily they clean out the fridge. Go ahead and throw one of these satisfying one-bowl meals together, and get ready to cuddle up on the couch for an exceptionally cozy evening in.
1. Salmon Sashimi Bowl With Avocado: Forget about the roll the next time sushi cravings hit. Simply pile rice, salmon, avocado and a few strips of nori into a bowl, and you’ll be satisfied in no time. (via Omnivore’s Cookbook)
2. Easy Veggie Burrito Bowl With Cilantro Sauce (Vegan): You’ll love digging into this veggie-packed rice and bean bowl drizzled with a kicky, creamy cilantro sauce. The contrast in textures will have you coming back for seconds. (via Feasting at Home)
3. Chinese Pineapple Tofu Bowl (Vegan): Pan-fried tofu is coated in a sticky pineapple sauce before topping off a bowl of fluffy steamed rice. This is definitely a nice change of pace from the usual sweet and sour chicken takeout. (via Chef De Home)
4. Copycat Starbucks Hearty Veggie and Brown Rice Salad Bowl (Gluten-Free, Vegan): A drizzle of lemon tahini dressing makes this substantial salad totally crave worthy. (via Hungry Healthy Girl)
7. Simple Sesame Ginger Broccoli Macro Bowl: This bowlful of steamed brown rice and broccoli is surprisingly filling. But the real showstopper is the homemade sesame-ginger sauce that comes together in a snap using a blender. (via Blissful Basil)
8. Hawaiian Pork Burrito Bowls: Treat your taste buds to a Hawaiian vacay with this combo of tender pork made in a slow cooker, pineapple, veggies and brown rice. (via The Housewife in Training Files)
10. Asian Salmon Spinach Rice Bowls: You’ll love the mapleteriyaki sauce drizzled over this salmon and spinach. It’s a welcome departure from the cloyingly sweet bottled varieties, and totally on trend to boot. (via For the Love of Basil)
12. Spicy Sweet Potato and Green Rice Burrito Bowls (Vegan): A trifecta of greenery — spinach, cilantro and jalapeños — add bright flavors and color to every scoop of this rice. Delicious enough on its own, spiced roasted sweet potatoes and black beans really make it a meal. (via Cookie and Kate)
13. Kimchi Rice Bowl: Now this is a wonderful way to use up leftovers. Just add a few cubes of coconut-oil-fried tofu to make it filling, and don’t forget the oh-so-flavorful kimchi. (via Anett Velsberg)
15. Black Rice + Sushi Bowls: Well-seasoned black rice makes a base so tasty it probably should be forbidden. Once you add the mix of fruit, veggies and a pour of ginger-miso dressing, you’ll be very glad it’s not. (via From the Land We Live On)
Share your favorite rice bowl blends with us in the comments!