Road Trip! 19 Snacks You’ll Need for One Epic Summer Adventure
The ingredients for a memorable road trip are simple: good company, great music, kitschy (and strategic) pitstop attractions and scrumptious snacks. If you take care of the first three items on the list, we’ll gladly take care of the last one for you. This culinary collection is chock full of yummy (and healthy!) road trip-friendly snacks that you can whip up right before you hit the road. Because we are better than Slim Jims and Doritos, people!
3. Crispy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas: A salty, crunchy treat is a must-have for any length road trip. If you’re tired of chips and trail mix, give these crispy and flavorful chickpeas a whirl. (via Fifteen Spatulas)
4. Baked Zucchini Chips: Buying a bag of Doritos is the easy way to fulfill your chip craving. But why not plan a little in advance and prepare these crispy baked zucchini chips for a healthier yet equally satisfying snack instead? (via Wishful Chef)
6. Rainbow Fruit Skewers With Vanilla-Honey Yogurt Dip: If you’re going to pack sliced fruit to eat along the way, you might as well make it look pretty and dip it in vanilla-honey yogurt. (via The Comfort of Cooking)
13. Chocolate Blueberry Trail Mix: Don’t settle for ordinary trail mix when you can have this mix, replete with chocolate-covered blueberries, white chocolate chips and shredded coconut. (via A Pumpkin and A Princess)
16. Sea Salt Honey Almond Butter and Macerated Berries Sandwich: This delicious take on a classic PB+J has our mouths watering like whoa! They’re sure to please any road tripper. (via The Kitchy Kitchen)
17. Pistachio, Salted Caramel and Oreo Dark Chocolate Bark: We all need some chocolate to munch on during a long car voyage, so try out this bark to satisfy your salty and sweet cravings all at once! (via Averie Cooks)
19. Chewy Trail Mix Cookies: And yes, cookies. Because we all need to nibble on some chewy cookies while we’re driving toward that horizon. Straight on until morning, ladies and gents! (via Oh She Glows)
What’s your go-to road trip snack? Tell us about it below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!