12 Sardine Recipes That’ll Have You Ditching Tuna
Whenever folks start thinking about incorporating more fish into their diets, they go straight for the omega-rich salmon and the cheap and convenient canned tuna. But did you know that sardines are one of the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids on the entire PLANET? This underrated little fishy also packs a big punch with a ton of vitamins, selenium, magnesium… the list goes on. Plus, sardines are tastier and more sustainable than tuna. Check out these 12 impressive recipes and say *hello* to your new favorite fish.
1. Roasted Sardines and Cherry Tomatoes: This summery dish serves fresh stuffed sardines over burst tomatoes, making it the perfect thing to dish up when dining al fresco. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
2. Healthy Lemon Parmesan Sardine Pasta: This refreshing weeknight wonder is *packed* with flavor thanks to a bright mix of zesty lemon, cheesy Parm, briny capers, and healthy canned sardines. It’s ready in just 20 minutes, so throw it into your weekly meal rotation. (via The Recipe Critic)
5. Sardine Rice Bowl: Take your usual tried and trusted rice bowl and switch things up with the addition of saucy tomato-marinated sardines. Top it all off with a silky poached egg for a protein-packed meal you’ll crave on the reg. (via Kitchen Gidget)
6. Spaghetti With Roasted Cauliflower, Currants, Pine Nuts, Chile, and Sardines: Make pasta night better by incorporating crunchy pine nuts, fiery chiles, and wholesome sardines. (via Milly’s Kitchen)
8. Asian Sardinillas on Crisp Wonton: These heavenly crisps give you a mouthful of tender sardines, sesame oil, grated filet skin, zesty lime juice, spicy chilis, and arugula for a healthy appetizer worth sharing… or keeping to yourself. (via Kooking)
10. Fresh Sardine Croquettes and Sauce Gribiche: You’ll forget all about the standard fish and chips once you get a taste of these finger-lickin’ sardine croquettes topped with a creamy and flavor-packed sauce. (via Six Course Dinner)
11. Sardine Spaghetti With Chives: Finished with fresh bread crumbs, this dish puts a simple yet elegant twist on dinner with just a few pantry staples like canned sardines and dry pasta. (via Marisa’s Italian Kitchen)
12. Marinated Sardines With Black Olives and Chili: These decked-out sardines might look fancy, but they’re super easy to throw together with a topping of gherkins, black olives, red onion, fresh parsley, and punchy red chilis. (via Holafoodie)
Follow us on Pinterest for more nutritious and delicious recipes!